We are the black sheep, The red headed step child.

jghoghunter: quote "IF YOU ARE GOING TO ACT STUPID YOU BETTER BE TOUGH" endquote.

Yep, I gotta agree.
I have done some stupid things in my life, BUT, In High School I could whip every girl in my class. Weellll, except Three......... or maybe it was Five?....:D

Packrat

jghoghunter: quote "IF YOU ARE GOING TO ACT STUPID YOU BETTER BE TOUGH" endquote.

Yep, I gotta agree.
I have done some stupid things in my life, BUT, In High School I could whip every girl in my class. Weellll, except Three......... or maybe it was Five?....:D

Packrat

I've also done some pretty stupid things in my life but I did find out that I wasn't always as tough as I THOUGHT I was. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it hurts to learn that lesson!

I was talking to you JG, sorry, I forgot the threads show the oldest posts first so I was asking in response to your earliest post about your longest kill.

Oh yeah, I want to use a rig like that for sub 200 yard hunting. NOT! Lol.

The whole magazine was a contradiction to the article. Lol. The author suggests we should take up golf if we don't want to get closer.
Maybe I'm reading to much into the article. But he is telling of techniques while right on the edge of saying its wrong to shoot farther than 300-400 yards. I get it, he's trying to be politically correct. It seems "haters gonna hate" and it is always the one who can't do what we can do who slam and bash it.

I went to long range with rifles to challenge myself more. I have a Mathews, Martin and PSE compound bows and when I go bow hunting anymore I find myself grabbing my 1950's York or Ben Pearson recurves. I'm after the challenge IF I can do so effectively. I believe if you have the tools and skill then you can shoot as far as you want...

I agree, it's about the challenge for me as well. I still take on the 50-300 yard shots but these are for meat. I have two challenges I enjoy, long range hunting and traditional muzzleloader hunting. For me I get just as much satisfaction taking a deer at 100 yards with a .54 calibre round ball as I do at 700 yards with a high bc long range bullet.

Seems to me we have a whole lot of people who don't know a thing about what we do, but somehow believe they are entitled to an opinion.

jm2c

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.