Advice on small snake gun

Delicatessen

There is an increasing amount of water moccasins in my neighborhood as well as a few other poisonous snakes. After testing various snake shot shells from semi autos the only thing that reliably works is 45, which I generally don't prefer for ccw. Does anyone have experience with things like the bond arms 410 or heizer one or anything easily added to my normal carry? How do they pattern at at least 10 ft? I am primarily considering as there are small kids around that may not have the sense to back away.

They are quite large so possible but I would probably just go another revolver (either 44 or 45lc) I was hoping to see if something smaller would work well at beyond snake bite distance. If it was just for around the house larger revolver would work but the area has quite a few marshland type areas while out, such as near playgrounds where my daughter likes to play.

Yeah those bond arms are the 2 shot derringer type. Heizer is a one shot derringer but double action which would be nice. Was trying to see if anyone has experience with them as most that I see patterns for are buck shot or pdx type loads which is not why I would consider one. My concern is there is maybe 1/2-1" of barrels beyond the shell. I suppose I could buy one and try it but don't want to waste the money if they are fairly pointless.

Yeah, that's the marsh areas for you. Hogs are seemingly spreading everywhere down here. I generally carry a 357 sig but yes a shotgun is available around the house.

IMG_0437.JPG
I've always kept a 22 handy, but understand your predicament, don't want a .22 lr bouncing around kids playing.
I've had a couple of clients show up in Alaska with the Judge. Kinda klunky for my taste but I've seen the 410 round cleanly take ptarmigan, but not a good conceled carry gun.
Throw in gators and hogs, I'm outside my comfort zone. I've never seen a wild gator.

The good thing is gators don't really impact too much just occasionally see them either below stream walk ways or sunning by the road. I just like to have something while walking just in case. The hogs and snakes are the bigger issue, snakes mostly leave our yard but often see them in neighboring lots that are less taken care of. Unfortunately most that I see are poisonous. Hogs just occasionally see groups of 3-10 that are a couple hundred pounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.