need advice on long range gun

trgtsnpr

i'm just getting into some long range benchrest i need some help choosing a caliber and manufacture that would be best for 1000 yds please help thanks bill <font color="red"> </font>

JMO,but production guns and 1000 yd BR dont go together very well.At least not without a bunch of work and money.If your interested in long range BR I would head in the direction of custom actions,barrels etc.Some popular calibers are,but certainly not limited to are,300 ackley,6.5-284,300WSM,300WinMag,30 BooBoo,7mmWSM.
Im going to try my luck in some factory class 600 yd shoots this year and am waiting to get one of Savages new 223s with a 1-7" twist that are new for 2007.
Heres a link to a popular 1000 yd BR forum.
Good luck shooting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

http://www.benchrest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Manufacture would be a reputable gunsmith as for caliber I honestly dont know. much more into hunting rifles than target rifles. I would assume such things as the 6br and 243 ackley improved. but then again other people that actually shoot that kind of stuff will know better.

all depends on price and your likes and dislikes but for me 6.5-284 is great
but I use the long action so I can seat the projectiles out and get more powder in.I use 140g smk's

Bille, welcome aboard, it's a great place with a lot of info. as far as caliber the 6.5 and 30 are by far the most common.as for manufacturer,i'd say Bruce Baer or Chris Matthews. get someone that builds long range bench guns.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.