First Custom Rifle

Ernie

SPONSOR
DSC00442.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

All gunsmith work and cerakoting was done by Chuck MacIntosh (Mac's Gunworks).
The rifle is a trued Remington 700 SA (Left-Hand) action, and the factory trigger now breaks cleanly at 1.5 pounds.
Chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua. Match chamber/no neck turn/Lapua brass/ 130 grain Berger VLD/H-4350/CCI-Small Rifle primer.
Krieger 1-8.5 twist barrel (24") and a Mac Brake.
McRee chassis (Aluminum stock), with an added custom bag bar by Mac's Gunworks.
Scope: Leupold Mark 4 FFP 6.5-20 with ART Reticle.
Weighs a tad over 16.5 pounds.

It may be your first rifle but but how many custom pistols do you have? :D

Nice looking rig and great cartridge!

Scot E.

Congrats. Sharp rig, & ya I was thinkin the same thing "first custom rifle......." Hand cannons don't count? :D now you have both. Doesn't get any better than that.
Looks like it'd be more shooter friendly if the kick stand was on the propper side, but you south paws always gotta flip flop the bolt. Cool lookin rifle. I'm jealous:)

Can I say it, Can I say it???
Oh heck I gotta say it.

I corrupted Ernie, I corrupted Ernie, Really huge grin here. :)

Pretty Sharp! Had I known you were a southpaw!! Welcome to the club :D
McRees chassis are awesome, I'm running one on a custom 338RUM. I would like to offer some advice if I may, go to Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Large Stock Pack & pick up a stock pack for your chassis (Made in the USA), those aluminum cheek rests get VERY COLD in the winter months :rolleyes: Plus, it gives you a place to stash a DOPE card if you're running one.

Oof! That's a load!
Welcome to the left handed rifle brotherhood Ernie! Remington was nice enough to make all those XP 100's left handed, may as well have a lefty rifle as well.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.