First Coyote! Insane Shot!

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48126

Got this coyote this morning. I was deer hunting and she ran insanely fast across the field. I was sitting in one of those crappy ladder stands for a single person with no rails or supports. I guess all the years of trap and skeet paid off because I leveled her off hand, running, at 100 yards (no exaggeration). I was aiming for her chest but hit her right below her jaw line, in the neck. I like to think it's skill, but it was 100% luck. :D

Rifle is a GAP crusader with a Templar action in 6.5CM. Shooting Hornady Precision Hunter 143 grain ELD-X. This was my first coyote. There was a tiny entrance hole and the back side was about the size of a half dollar. I got all the predators in Georgia now. A bobcat, Fox, and a coyote! Dropped her off at the taxidermist right after hunting!

33B9A9A6-055A-478C-9D62-1DB3F1C614B4.jpeg
18E2BD6E-B1CB-466A-842D-11F055F2B10F.jpeg
F8BC0F3F-4D2D-467F-886A-2247CDCF6D32.jpeg
3CB54E55-C457-4F9E-8EAC-1E949D36C72D.jpeg

Oh and how much do you charge for one of your GA pro guided varmint and deer smorkisboard combos? Don't need lodging I can bring my camper.

I shot one while elk hunting a couple weeks ago. My buddy called him through the willows by barking at him with a diaphragm call, man that coyote was ticked off! He sat down and continued to bark at 350 yards and I let him have it with my 6.5 PRC and a 140 berger vld. I held for his barking mouth and impacted just below his head in the neck. That 140 berger nearly took his head completely off, no joke just a little hide holding things together. We were gunn a skin him until we saw the damage. 140 berger at 3020 fps is not fur friendly!

That looks like a wolf. That's a big old coyote.

I texted my dad after shooting it, and he was yelling at me asking if I didn't shoot someone's dog. The land is surrounded by farm land. I didn't answer back for about 2 hours. Once I was done deer hunting I told him it was someone's lab! He called me cursing at me hahaha.

Oh and how much do you charge for one of your GA pro guided varmint and deer smorkisboard combos? Don't need lodging I can bring my camper.

If by guided you mean drop you off in a box blind for 10 hours? Then sure.

It'll be $free.99 or trade for one of your bad arse gunz. You decide. lol

Yes he was a big dude. Probaly worth $100 all put up but they prefer to have the whole hide haha

Haha that's funny. You gunna life size mount him??!

sorry Sykes just saw this. No, I wanted too but it was $650 and my wife hates the animals I have mounted. I got it turned into a rug. It was only $180.

I've done few rugs with coyotes. It to me is easier to display over a sofa or on a wall/floor of the den. I have 1/2 dozen mounts I'm not allowed to bring upstairs
Congrats on your shot and thanks for sharing

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.