First Suppressed Coyote!

tt35

I took delivery of my new suppressor too late last winter to get to use it on fur. And, I haven't gotten out calling much this Fall either. Deer hunting, wood cutting, business and other chores have seriously cut into my coyote hunting time. I was able to make a stand here and there but the only coyote that arrived spotted my partner and left without a shot opportunity. Yesterday changed that.

At nine minutes into the stand, a coyote came across a small meadow looking for the now-muted Shockwave. He stopped once in a low spot scanning the place he knew the sound originated then moved onto a higher spot 79 yards from my hide. Pfft, whop! I've got admit, it was pretty sweet!

First suppressed coyote and first coyote after the Kryptek makeover of my Savage Predator Hunter.

Awesome! My gunsmith (dad) has started delving into the suppressor stuff the last year or so. Like the rifle look too, sweet.

Haven't gotten out either yet this year, got the itch real bad, too busy! gun)

Thanks for sharing!

Very sweet, Tim. What suppressor is it and what caliber is your Savage? I have several and when I don't use them, it is totally different...your guns start to sound like cannons! I am ready to start chasing the coyotes down here if it would ever get COLD.

The suppressor is the YHM-3300-ti. There are more effective suppressors out there but balancing the cost, size and weight, that's what I went with. The rifle is an original PH in .204 shooting 35 grain Bergers. I also have my .243AI coyote rig threaded.

Come on Tim. You must have got the call from the neighbors by now asking if you have seen little Sally's dog!

Can't get over the color.

Congrats on a good stand and getting to see the new toy in action. I know it won't be the last.

nice work! I am pretty much in the same boat as you.. I got my first can early this summer, and have really been too busy to get out and hunt aside from this past weekend.

Im still waiting for the first kill with the thunderbeast.

calvin

I took delivery of my new suppressor too late last winter to get to use it on fur. And, I haven't gotten out calling much this Fall either. Deer hunting, wood cutting, business and other chores have seriously cut into my coyote hunting time. I was able to make a stand here and there but the only coyote that arrived spotted my partner and left without a shot opportunity. Yesterday changed that.

At nine minutes into the stand, a coyote came across a small meadow looking for the now-muted Shockwave. He stopped once in a low spot scanning the place he knew the sound originated then moved onto a higher spot 79 yards from my hide. Pfft, whop! I've got admit, it was pretty sweet!

First suppressed coyote and first coyote after the Kryptek makeover of my Savage Predator Hunter.

I love how the rifle looks who did your paint job gun)

Thanks. It's a camo dip in Kryptek Highlander with a Cerakote clearcoat on it. My brother did it. He owns ICE Hydrographics in Crescent, Oregon.

Man that is a gorgeous mutt! Congrats on the new can. I've been wanting one for a whole, but the timeframe lays put me off. How long did it the you to get it? Also... Did you end up going the living trust route and electronically file...more go the paper route?

Man... You got me wanting one again!! Lol

Every time I touch the trigger suppressed it makes me happy. :D I wish I had done the trust thing but I was nervous about getting it done after Sandy Hook and didn't take the time. Mine was almost exactly twelve months but a friend of mine just got two stamps without a trust and his were only six months. So, it sounds like the waits are getting shorter again. Do it, you'll dig it. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.