First buck of the season

Jimm

Not far , just 240 yds, but still rewarding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
DSC00961.jpg

190 smk out of a 300 Winnie @ 3050 fps , head on shot coming down a hill very slight left quarter with head down feeding. POA junction of neck /shoulder , soon as I got back in scope feet sticking up , coupla kicks then lights out. No bullet recovery as I did'nt want to open the body , just skinned , took shoulders ,tenderloin and hams ( oh yeah the horns too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Gotta go , I hear the woods a callin' Jim

Nice buck! I will take those 'close shots' anytime available. We all know about those far shots that didn't connect. Congrats!

Jimm,

COngrats on a fine buck. I think the point of long range hunting is being prepared for a long range opportunity if it presents itself. As hunters we take advantage of the chances we get no matter the range.

Good shot, good buck, keep us posted on any future progress!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Nice buck..almost exactly like my first buck this year. 300 WM, 190 SMK, 215 yards, frontal shot and instant lights out. Congratulations. Cowman

Hey Bob !

Guess what ? I got a haircut since this pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Youn will hardly recognize me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ( a good thing that! ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pix of my new hairless self coming with my " next " buck ( nothing like a positive attitude eh ? )

Jim Brown

Dick,

Yes , I will keep you posted,and I am working on more to come - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thanks for the kind words. Got a real neat deal I've just finished to shoot at 25 yds. to 875 yds. Sorry that it is not more but when you see the scenario you will understand.

Jim Brown

Jimm

Are you telepathic?

How did you know what I was thinking.

But your excuse of having better things to do, holds some water obviuosly.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts