Second Buck of the season

Jimm

Hot dog !

My middle son took this one off the same stand as the first one .
DSC00955.jpg

145 yds. and he admits to jerking the trigger ( when I asked him why it was spine shot and in the middle of the back at that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) The nosler 140 ballistic tip out his .270 shoots fine for a factory stick ( Rem . mountain rifle )

We had this buck on the same trail camera, will try to get it hosted right away .

Season is starting out with a bang /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim Brown

Congrats!

On a side note, what load are you using with the 140s in the .270? My rifle seems to only shoot this weight accurately, and I was wondering about your load data. Thanks.

Bob ,

You know , it's amazing how little room a whitetail takes up when deboned . With two in the ( average size chest type) freezer at this point it appears that I can easily put 3 or 4 more no prob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif and will still have room for the mustard greens and corn that my wife and I put up this fall along with the assorted tv dinners , turkeys ( wild ) catfish ( wild) hogs ( wild ) and the occasional beef steak or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

See , you won't starve here !

Jim Brown

Thing is that my household alone ( two sons still at home) can legally take 12 whitetails this season. Thats 2 bucks and two does each /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif We usually put 3 or four in the freezer then hunt for the good ol big un , or is that the big ol goodun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We grind a coupla of them up entirely , ceptin the tenderloin that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Using big Hobart commercial griders makes some great burger/spaghetti /sausage /chili etc.meat.

Jared ( my middle son ) prefers his hair short and is always on me to get a hair cut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So....when you come to hunt with us Bob , you and Jared can do your dangdest to convert me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

In his service , Jim Brown

Stephen,

Sorry guy, It should have read 130 nosler ballistic tips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif The load is 55 grs. of IMR 4350 , taken right out of the manual. I have not had time to develp a load for this rifle as i've been too busy on my custom guns /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif On the other hand this combo shoots more than adequate for this rigs purpose, 1" to 1.5 @ 100. Until he ( my middle son ) gets serious about long range shooting I will probably just leave it where it is . Since he is in his first year of Pharmacy school that may be a while .

Once again , sorry for the mistake ! Jim Brown

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts