Finally My First Elk!

I forgot the most important information!!

Temp was 10* F
station Barometric pressure was 23.19 inHg
Approximate impact velocity was 2225 fps
approximate impact energy was 3078 ft lbs.
Dialed 3 MOA up
Dialed .25 MOA left for spin drift.
Wind was about 2-3 mph from 8 o clock, thats an extra 1.8" of drift at that range so i didnt adjust for the wind.
Time of flight was .468 seconds.

I am very satisfied this season with the 280 grain LRX, 2 antelope at 486 yards one ran 15 yards the other i hit in the neck and was drt, the runner had 1 1/4" exit and the neck shot one had an exit of 2 1/2". A mule deer doe at 330 yards stumbled around for 20 yards spraying blood out of the 1 3/4" exit. And this elk at 378 yards DRT with a 1 1/4" exit.

Thanks, i weighed the bullet fragment and it weighed 4.9 grains. I cant get pics to upload but i will keep trying.

Finally the pics. Warning graphic!!

From shooting location, she was just above where the tree top splits in the middle of the pic, sorry for bad quality.

elk2_zpsb7efc109.png

She had a huge head!! Cant really tell in the pic.
elk1_zps9cc1abad.png

The top of her lungs
elk3_zpsa3adad96.png

Entrance into rear part of her shoulder.
elk4_zps65fd56d4.png

Exit through hide.
elk5_zps38d0839c.png

Exit with hide removed
elk7_zps6e59c79a.png

Exit with shoulder removed, between shoulder and ribcage.
elk8_zpsc91cd4e6.png

My favorite pic, the carnage through ribcage, entrance on left, exit on right, entered the 4th rib back, exited and broke 5th rib back.
elk9_zpscec74055.png

My second favorite pic, her deformed hoof, i will get a pic of her leg tomorrow, along with my autopsy report once i cut it open, should be interesting :D.
elk10_zps3a004a0b.png

Riley

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.