Finally found primers

They were selling CCI LRM in individual 100 piece packages for $20 at the gun show. Can't blame the people selling the primers it is a free market after all. If 10,000 or so in my reloading cabinets, I might be looking for a table at the next show in the area. I say this but I just sold 3 boxes of 30.06 for $20 each. I just wish I started reloading back in the good old days. I need to reassess my sales tactics. Every time I seem to sell anything the first person inquiring buys it.

Watch midwayusa.com they are getting primers on a pretty regular basis, if you see the military7.62x51 from CCI grab them . they are LRM . made so Squad automatic weapons don't slam fire. Just bought 1000 of them and CCC450 SRM shipped and hazmat was $103.00 each. Would have got both at same time and saved $ but they showed up on different days. If not in stock click on the notify me when available. But act fast when you get the notice.
Have had the notify me button on for some time now. Thanks.

I pick up 1000 Rem 9 1/2 at a new store opening. Need to watch for new stores going that have a gun and reloading section. Sportsmen Ware Houses is where I got them at. If I recall correctly they $48.00 for 1000. Not a bad price, but somewhat high. Steel had primers in Missoula, but are not out. They were high, about $150.00 per th. There is Ramshot LRT at Brownell presently. Midway had some, but are out again. Limit to 2 lbs. No 8 lbs containers are available at either store.

I pick up 1000 Rem 9 1/2 at a new store opening. Need to watch for new stores going that have a gun and reloading section. Sportsmen Ware Houses is where I got them at. If I recall correctly they $48.00 for 1000. Not a bad price, but somewhat high. Steel had primers in Missoula, but are not out. They were high, about $150.00 per th. There is Ramshot LRT at Brownell presently. Midway had some, but are out again. Limit to 2 lbs. No 8 lbs containers are available at either store.
48 bucks for 1,000 is a steal these days. Steel in Missoula?

I made the very foolish decision that I had to have a new toy in the midst of the scarcity; I had thousands of LR and LR Mag primers, but found a Dakota .204 Ruger I HAD to have.

Paid $125 for a brick of CCI BR primers, and don't feel too bad about it, considering what I pay to fill up my truck now. Lots more fun shooting my .204 than driving my truck.
"Let go Brandon"

I've been searching for LR mag primers for weeks and decided to leave my rain soaked white tail hunt early this morning. There was a gun show about an hours drive from my house opening this morning. I did not hold out a great deal of hope, but what the heck I thought I would give it a shot. The show was packed with people. I arrived an hour after they opened. I weaved my way through looking for reloading component and finally found one table in a back room with some primers. Found a brick of Federal LRM match primers and inquired on the price. $180 for the box. After catching my breath I reluctantly pulled out wallet and paid the fellow. I apologize for contributing to the price gouging issues, but I was down to a handful of LRM primers and a new 7mm rem mag to start load development on. i hope my rifle likes these primers as I am now committe.
I appreciate your plite. Finally ready to buy bullets to reload 06 and 243. Only been 2 years.

I might have done the same , I just paid $40.00 for 4 packs of Federal LR M 215 Primers at the Harrisburg Gun Show. I know that's a bit high. That's 10.00 per pack of 100 Primers . So that's 10 cents per primer , instead of 6 cents per primer. So when you think about it each round cost me 4 more cents to make . So now I can make ammo for my 270 Weatherby Mag, and relax and enjoy shooting it with 400 new primers added to my 215 M primer inventory . For just 4 more cents per round. Speaking only for myself, Id prefer to shoot that rifle , rather than say I saved 4 cents per round. IMHO

Agree. You forget about the $$ you spend when your squeezing the trigger. I just loaded 50 rounds to start to see what this rifle likes. I'll keep scouring the reloading sources to find other components. Found some ADG brass today. Still for looking .284 160 gr. Nosler Accubonds as a few test loads looked very promising. There seems to be a never ending sucking sound of $$ being drained from the wallet when you buy another rifle

I've been searching for LR mag primers for weeks and decided to leave my rain soaked white tail hunt early this morning. There was a gun show about an hours drive from my house opening this morning. I did not hold out a great deal of hope, but what the heck I thought I would give it a shot. The show was packed with people. I arrived an hour after they opened. I weaved my way through looking for reloading component and finally found one table in a back room with some primers. Found a brick of Federal LRM match primers and inquired on the price. $180 for the box. After catching my breath I reluctantly pulled out wallet and paid the fellow. I apologize for contributing to the price gouging issues, but I was down to a handful of LRM primers and a new 7mm rem mag to start load development on. i hope my rifle likes these primers as I am now committe.
Mark, think positively, and don't apologize for paying the outlandish price, since you really needed them. If they had been cheaper, the seller wouldn't have still had them on his table for you to buy

You know I was thinking after I did the post, I should have said "In the Era of Brandon", but you did it for me. Great minds! My kids are stationed at Fort Riley and go to Kansas State games. Yesterday even the big screen flashed "Let's go Brandon". Catching on!
It's definitely a grass roots uprising that the liberal media cannot hide. Gonna be interesting to watch the next 12 months.

I frequent the local gun shows,and work at a booth for a buddy who has a reloading business. Most of my"pay" is components,but lately I don't get primers from him,as the prices are so high and he gets so few in. I did find SSP,and LPP last week at our local Sportsman's Warehouse,though,for $41.99/1000. The local Academy has primers too,if you can beat the buddy bunch that gets there first and buys them all. Probably selling them at Gunbroker. This is the worst shortage I've ever seen,in forty years of reloading,but I was stocked up beforehand,so I'm not forced to pay the scalpers rates. It's tough for people who are new to the reloading game.

Agree. You forget about the $$ you spend when your squeezing the trigger. I just loaded 50 rounds to start to see what this rifle likes. I'll keep scouring the reloading sources to find other components. Found some ADG brass today. Still for looking .284 160 gr. Nosler Accubonds as a few test loads looked very promising. There seems to be a never ending sucking sound of $$ being drained from the wallet when you buy another rifle

WOW.....I wish that I had the ability to ignore the costs and shortages! A curse from my childhood! memtb