Field Optics Research tripod setup

Rusty85

I'm looking in to getting my dad rifle tripod setup. He's getting up there in age and can't get up and down off the ground as good as he use to. I don't want anything cheap but I'm also not looking to break the bank with a RRS setup.
Anyone out there have any real world feedback on the Field optic BT precision tripod?
Or is there another one that I should be considering, that is comparable in price?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:
We became a Field Optics dealer this year. We met with them at SHOT Show and were very impressed with the quality of their products and signed with them. We are awaiting delivery of many of their products, however, we'd be pleased to discuss their offerings with you

I've been looking at the BT tripod, long bowl tensioner handle and one of there ball heads. I like the idea of the ball head instead just the 20 degrees of tilt in the bowl.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.