FGMM 215 vs others?

Totoro

Hey fellas is the FGMM 215M your go to primer for ignition of 80+ grain charge rounds?

If not, what is?

Realizing load to load, gun to gun individuality; just seeing if by average more use 215M than others.

Thx

DUSTY NOGGIN

Hey fellas is the FGMM 215M your go to primer for ignition of 80+ grain charge rounds?

If not, what is?

Realizing load to load, gun to gun individuality; just seeing if by average more use 215M than others.

Thx
ive heard they are the best , but ive never even once seen em on any shelf, people have been posting seeing em available lately but they've been so scarce for the last few years , i'm guessing most hand loaders replaced em with equivalents
cci 250's are on every shelf

Totoro

Thx Dusty!

I too havent seen at 215M in the shelf and have accumulated some CCI.

I stumbled on 1000 215M from another shooter at the range since he was going to 6.5 variants and small primers.

Anyone else?

nmbarta

That’s all I use in my 338 Lapua and my 375 cheytac.
I have used them in some smaller magnums as well but usually lean toward the Cci 250’s for them.
I’ve had a little better luck with accuracy and lower sd’s with the 250 in the smaller magnums

Varmint Hunter

A few knowledgeable gunsmiths have told me that they were unable to detect any difference on paper between the regular 215s and the GMM 215s. In the absence of GMM primers I bought a few 1,000 regular 215s and can't say that I see any difference either.
I have very limited experience with LRM that aren't Federals.

dxlbaile

I have the" Match" and the regular.. They don't shoot any different for me.. I like the CCI for my 33 Nos..

jraulsten

The "match" designation is a great marketing ploy by whoever makes Federal's primers and I have fallen for it many times. After trying regular 210s and 215s I don't see a darn bit of difference.

I also have a 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots better with regular CCI 200s than it does with the BR2s.........Go figure.

Totoro

Thx guys! Keep the info coming!

So from what I gather in the responses, the difference between the 215 and 215M is the spark output for powder ignition is the same but maybe the "quality" of the primer is different?

Sorta like FGMM ammo versus general use ammo from Federal?

Local gunshop has a few boxes of 215 on the shelf but no CCI.

Last edited:

jimbires

I've read this a few times on these forums , the Federal match primers are made by a more experienced person at the factory . anyone at the factory could make the regular primers . I've used both and see no difference .

jasmitty1978

I cant never keep them on hand. They are too hard to get. I quit trying and work up all of my loads with cci 250s. The little bit of time i have spent with them i couldn't tell any difference in quality over cci.

Dosh

Same here, no difference between "S" and the Match 215's. I've been lucky and never run out of the Match, but several friends have and not seen any difference.

Canhunter35

A few knowledgeable gunsmiths have told me that they were unable to detect any difference on paper between the regular 215s and the GMM 215s. In the absence of GMM primers I bought a few 1,000 regular 215s and can't say that I see any difference either.
I’ve been told the only difference is that the federal match primers are inspected and the regular ones are not. Otherwise they’re the same primers

huntnidaho

Yup! I used to go crazy over finding 215M's/210M's. No longer.

Trending threads