FedEx

Yeah well 1st they said delivery was going to be Monday, then early delivery on Saturday, then back to on time for Monday. Then all the sudden they said they delivered it on Saturday. I don't think it ever got here. I've never had any problems with anyone liberating a package here.

FEDEX does not own anything except the corporate identity, software and the right to franchise it. Folks bid on the routes as they become available then operate it using the FEDEX guidelines for service and delivery windows. The owner of the route does the hiring and firing plus servicing the vehicles.

For years I have had the pleasure of having the best deliver drivers from FEDEX. Now though its a roll of the dice as to what type of person you'll get. The franchise owners are having the same problems as other business owners when trying to find employees. The last one I had was a young man who used the opportunity of the more rural deliveries to indulge himself in smoking weed while delivering. He really didn't want to lift the types of packages we usually received so he would move stuff around to get ours then hand them off to me to carry. I stopped going out to the truck then. He left shortly after that.

FEDEX tracking should have the answer for your dilemma but it may take some time for them to get around to it. Stay on them, politely.

I had a problem with FedEx. Document every phone call, screen shots of delivery changes, people you talked to ad nauseam. Obtain any written shipping and notice of delivery documentation from your supplier. Reference the supplier notice of delivery to the FedEx website to compare actual delivery time and date. File formal complaint with FedEx, they have a process on line. If you get "Charles" in Pakistan, demand to speak to USA representative so you can actually start the formal complaint process faster. Do any of your neighbors have security cameras that might show any timelines to confirm any deliveries in your road?

I did get paid but submitted overwhelming evidence of their damage to my yard etc. These processes are designed to be pita but if you follow through, ultimately they know they have to pay.

After a couple delivery issues I saw where someone places game camera in his porch window to confirm an expected delivery. I think its a great idea! Plus for porch pirates.

Once you have the complaint number, if it works like mine, someone will contact you for info. This is when you need iron clad documentation that you can send to their dept for review.

FedEx drivers are sub-contracted operators who are paid for each delivery. Unscrupulous drivers will show the package as delivered when it has not been, then get paid again for redelivery the next day. This seems to happen more often on rural type routes where it takes time to get from one delivery to the next. Do not allow them to charge you for the second delivery attempt.