Federal brass

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Let's just clear this up now. Federal brass wad not the issue. It's a rifle issue. I've used federal brass for years in my 25-06 without any problems at all. But when you have a problem come up you have to diagnose it and in that process youve got to brainstorm the possible causes. Thanks again. Now time to go bear hunting.
BAM! :rolleyes:

Mazdayasna

I'm Confused??? What was the purpose of this Thread again? I was reading it as a "lets Bash Federal" and ,,,. I've got Hundreds upon Federal Cases and it's getting all shot up until it's gone. Not buying expensive Brass unless I'm shooting for a living. If you over-work brass it will fail. The End.

Joefrazell

Read the whole thread sir.
I'm Confused??? What was the purpose of this Thread again? I was reading it as a "lets Bash Federal" and ,,,. I've got Hundreds upon Federal Cases and it's getting all shot up until it's gone. Not buying expensive Brass unless I'm shooting for a living. If you over-work brass it will fail. The End.

DocDoc

Joe, if it is incipient case head separation, you should be able to detect that using a straightened paper clip with a short 90 degree bend at the end. Run the point of the short bend down the side of the case on the inside. If you detect a low spot near the base, your case is getting ready to separate. That can be caused my sizing the case down too much, or excess headspace on the rifle.

Trending threads