FedEx

100% of my FedEx issues are with correct address, clearly typed, decent size font, solid ink, even Mr. Magoo could read! Hint: you have to be older than dirt to understand that correlation!!!

I bet 50% of the time I am told "this is where the GPS tells us where you live"! This is from a driver when I asked why is it delivered at neighbor's house? So I ask "do you see the standard green reflective house number sign in front of my house that ALL emergency services rely upon?". Driver said they are required to use GPS. So I ask" you are not allowed to look at address signs infront of house and on house?". Driver squirms a bit and says if package is delivered by GPS, they meet requirements. So this is what we have to deal with, absolutely zero interest in reading and validate delivery address. Its nothing but it was delivered to GPS correctly.

So how many have had GPS take you to dead end overlooking cliff where road starts back up below cliff? I have had construction trucks at my house for a build that was 1/4 mile away but my address was given as a flag since building lot did not have one! I could have built a barn with materials that were almost dropped at house.! I had one heck of argument with lumber guy that just couldn't get it thru his head not here! His invoice said otherwise! So I asked him "do you see a foundation here?". DUH!!!!!

Has our society become so illiterate and cannot think for ourselves any more? Logic and common sense is now also a "lost commodity" in addition to lost packages.!!!!
In a earlier post, I wrote:
I HATE Fedex. I have one supplier who prints out a satellite view of my place, uses a red marker to circle my home on the image, then clear tapes it on to the box. Otherwise, Fedex claims my house doesn't exist. It was built in 1962. Prior to this he had a lot of faith in FedEx, since then he has begun verifying and attaching satellite images to other patrons.

When the FedEx person called to argue, she first contended they don't supply or require the drivers to carry cell phones, so exactly what devices are they using for GPS?? My address has, and can be shown using GPS. It can be viewed using satellite images. It didn't effing move!!!! I've lived here for 21 YEARS!!! When your business model shifts to excuses first, it's time to clean house.

Ok one more cause it is kind of funny. I have a pole barn gravel driveway 7-8' to the side of my concrete house driveway that has the 2' long green reflective house numbers. The pole barn driveway angles away to my pole barn. There are NO FREAKING NUMBERS on my pole barn. So how many deliveries do you think FedEx makes to my pole barn? Dang Kubota tractor just can't stop on line shopping!!! Seriously, deliver to pole barn BEHIND my house?

Ok one more cause it is kind of funny. I have a pole barn gravel driveway 7-8' to the side of my concrete house driveway that has the 2' long green reflective house numbers. The pole barn driveway angles away to my pole barn. There are NO FREAKING NUMBERS on my pole barn. So how many deliveries do you think FedEx makes to my pole barn? Dang Kubota tractor just can't stop on line shopping!!! Seriously, deliver to pole barn BEHIND my house?
Whenever I receive a notification of "delivered" I am apparently required to check the barn, both trucks, as well as one time, digging through the snow to find the package. I was confronted for giving the last one a 1 star rating (since 0 stars isn't allowed) I pointed out in the submitted delivery image, the porch and front door were a dozen feet to the right. I had to send an image of the entire front of the house. The driver's image had zoomed in on where it landed after they apparently threw it. That was Amazon. They don't like me now as I also posted it on Amazon until they removed the images as "controversial"

This is no joke. We had fedex deliver a package several miles away. I called and asked where it was and the driver said "I just picked a house because I couldn't find yours". We were at the other end of the road. It's not hard to find because the fire number is right out by the road. I gave them an ear full and told them if they couldn't deliver a package they were not going to have my business. I avoided them for several years and then was forced to use them as a shipper refused to use anyone else. It was delivered to the neighbor's house. I called and explained the situation and they now have a "note for our address" for any driver who is on this route. They have been pretty good lately.

If a person is going to be a delivery driver, they need to do it right. Leaving packages out in the rain, setting them on top of the delivery box (it's a big box), burying them in snow, tossing over a fence, etc... is not acceptable.

This is no joke. We had fedex deliver a package several miles away. I called and asked where it was and the driver said "I just picked a house because I couldn't find yours". We were at the other end of the road. It's not hard to find because the fire number is right out by the road. I gave them an ear full and told them if they couldn't deliver a package they were not going to have my business. I avoided them for several years and then was forced to use them as a shipper refused to use anyone else. It was delivered to the neighbor's house. I called and explained the situation and they now have a "note for our address" for any driver who is on this route. They have been pretty good lately.

If a person is going to be a delivery driver, they need to do it right. Leaving packages out in the rain, setting them on top of the delivery box (it's a big box), burying them in snow, tossing over a fence, etc... is not acceptable.
It's pretty scary when one wonders if the driver can read. When the driver can't recognize numbers? How does he drive? Why bother with silly instruments like tachometers and speedometers? Must leave them really confused with that silly red line issue.

There are issues where houses can be confusing to find. Earlier this year I went to pick up some stuff my GF had bought and the house was within 300yds of where I owned a house and lived years before for about 7years. I pulled into the road/driveway and there was a house there and fence with gate and someone had just went in and I thought that was it. It wasn't and turns out there was a house just around the corner from that one, like 50feet away, that had the stuff. And there was another house further down the road(which is actually a driveway) and no sign at entrance of the addresses of the houses located there. I had no idea there were more houses out there. If google maps just puts a marker on the county road where the address is and not the actual house it could be difficult to find it.

Any commercial driver should know and understand the road/address numbering system. In the odd occasion where an address is not where it should be, it is fine to ask a neighbor.

There is no doubt there can be an occasional house with weird numbering or location. Its the constant I don't give a 💩 what your address is, I am throwing it out here. And that sums it up as far as I am concerned. Complete lack of desire to do their job. Complete lack of desire for customer service.

I am almost at a point if I was going to order something expensive, I would ask if I could send the vendor if I could send a GPS tracker to be included in the shipment.

In a earlier post, I wrote:
I HATE Fedex. I have one supplier who prints out a satellite view of my place, uses a red marker to circle my home on the image, then clear tapes it on to the box. Otherwise, Fedex claims my house doesn't exist. It was built in 1962. Prior to this he had a lot of faith in FedEx, since then he has begun verifying and attaching satellite images to other patrons.

When the FedEx person called to argue, she first contended they don't supply or require the drivers to carry cell phones, so exactly what devices are they using for GPS?? My address has, and can be shown using GPS. It can be viewed using satellite images. It didn't effing move!!!! I've lived here for 21 YEARS!!! When your business model shifts to excuses first, it's time to clean house.
Possibly Qualcom just as truckers.

Recent Posts