Federal edge tlr availability

Calvin45

any if you guys get to play with the new edge tlr bullet? It's the next gen trophy bonded tip, way higher bc. I love the idea, I've got trophy bonded tips to play with but won't be buying more if I have any reason to believe the edge tlrs will actually be available (in Canada, might add, though I see all American vendors are out of stock or coming soon or taking back orders). Anyone have the scoop on when we'll have access, or firsthand experience loading these. I want to try the 200 grain in my 300 win mag and the 136 or 140 (federals numbers change) in my 270 win

I have the 175gr 30cal for my 300wsm been working on a load for last two weekends. Using H4831sc right now getting 1.5" at 300yds about .7 moa at 100yds. Should make a great hunting bullet.

I have the 175gr 30cal for my 300wsm been working on a load for last two weekends. Using H4831sc right now getting 1.5" at 300yds about .7 moa at 100yds. Should make a great hunting bullet.
Using the 175 Edge TLR with 300 RUM with RL 26. Can't approach the load they are including with the bullets in the box. Shooting .75 MOA, but a lot of work to do.

I run the 160 and 180 trophy bonded tips with great results. Spoke with some guys at the range awhile ago that were shooting the TLRs and they said it was a very difficult bullet to get to shoot, for them at least. I was on the wait list on several sites waiting for the TLR to become available again but once it did, I decided to pass. The trophy bonded tips at .500 BC have been great and for now at least, don't see a reason to change. I am staying tuned though to see if better results start coming in...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.