Federal Edge TLR Bullets For Reloading

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Double Dropper, Aug 21, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Double Dropper

Double Dropper Well-Known Member

Anyone loading the TLR bullets from Federal yet? Looking at maybe trying these in my 300 Winchester Magnum. Grouping? Game performance? Like to try them maybe but a fad or the real deal?

2. 257Tony

257Tony Well-Known Member

There are a few threads on here talking about these bullets already, lots of good info in them. Although I din't think much in the way of field reports, they haven't been available as components long enough to gather the info. I will be hunting with them this fall in my 28 Nosler, if I can ever get to the dang range.

3. Swamplord

Swamplord Well-Known Member

Have been loading/shooting the 175 gr and 200 gr TLR bullets in 300 WSM and a couple of my wildcats this summer, will have info posted up after moose hunting season

joseph singleton and 300whisper like this.
  4. coop2564

coop2564 Well-Known Member

I'm shooting the 175gr in 300wsm haven't found the perfect load yet some .7's but not as consistent as I would like. So hot having a hard time getting out to shoot.

floyd kittrell likes this.
  5. venatic

venatic Well-Known Member

F62223A4-1900-4A02-ACC0-2C58F5EAF024.jpeg

I settled on a load with the 175gr in my new 300WSM using H4350.
    Above was at 654 yards below at100

Attached Files:

floyd kittrell and Toydy like this.
  6. Thors Hammer

Thors Hammer Member

I haven't done a lot of research on this bullet so apologies in advance....but isn't this a tipped barnes bullet or is it actually produced by them?

7. Double Dropper

Looks by the cross section its more of a Nosler Ballistic tip combined with a trophy bonded bear claw LOL

Toydy and floyd kittrell like this.
  8. coop2564

coop2564 Well-Known Member

No its not a tipped Barnes its a soft lead top, bottom copper.

9. kobraken

kobraken Active Member

I shhot them in my 308 but haven’t reloaded with them yet . but I have shot several hundred of the factory loaded and they are deadly on hogs.
    They make a horrific head shot, and are devastating in the chest cavity. And are accurate at the range out to 600 yds.

10. floyd kittrell

floyd kittrell Well-Known Member

The 175 TLR is very accurate ( 1/8 MOA) out of my 06 and the 168 Gr TBT Federal is more accurate at ( 1/16 MOA) both have performed well for me . I like them , recovered a 175 from off side of Elk under hide on steep down shot in Utah in 2017 and weighed 147and some change . They have different tips but same construction

Double Dropper likes this.
  11. floyd kittrell

I think it was designed around the old Trophy bonded bear claw

12. Double Dropper

Floyd, what load in your 06?

13. Popapi

Popapi Well-Known Member

TAG

14. floyd kittrell

Both of these loads are Federal Factory . The rifle is built on Browning L.H. A-Bolt SS action 24" #5 Kreiger ss barrel in a McMill. A5 Tack stock trigger is tuned at 1 1/4 pound. I have shot the 175 out to 300yds and it held MOA , have shot the 168 out to 600 with very bad mirage and experience 3" variance in elevation which is probably me and I was running them out of a very hot barrel. when it cools of a bit I will reshoot both . I am switching to LE Wilson dies and just picked them up from my gun smith to start reloading . when I find a load for these two bullets I will post it for you , I am guessing the powder load will be one of the 4350's but do not know at this point

Double Dropper likes this.