Federal edge tlr availability?

yomill

I have been awaiting the availability of the Federal Edge TLR Bullets for reloading. I have emailed the folks at Federal for quite awhile with estimated delivery dates that fall by the wayside. Has anyone found these bullets anywhere??? Specifically the .284 in 155 grain. Federal creates all the hype and then fails to provide the product...

Please let me know if you have found a source with these bullets in stock... and where,

thanks

I signed up for "in stock notification" for the 7mm bullets at midway....I got a notification about 4 weeks ago iirc. Looks like they already sold out though (I did not buy any when I got the email)

They had the .308 175 gr a few weeks ago but that is all they have ever had. I still have the .284 in my "active notification" at Midway going on a year. I went with Hammer bullets last fall and wont be ordering any of the Federals even is they ever do make some.

They had the .308 175 gr a few weeks ago but that is all they have ever had. I still have the .284 in my "active notification" at Midway going on a year. I went with Hammer bullets last fall and wont be ordering any of the Federals even is they ever do make some.
Yup, you are right..went back and found my emails-- bullets were 308, but they had the loaded 7rm available too

I spoke with them at the hunt Expo in SLC, they said they are in production right now. Should be available March/April. We will see!

I contacted them as well and got the "they are coming" line. Just waiting for my midway notifications now with no expected timeline.

I got a couple of boxes last yr for my browning bar 300wsm but it did not shoot them well! So they were out there last yr!

I also talked to Federal at the expo in SLC and they said they had some very large government orders that took priority over the new product line and also logistics of implementing a new product. They are trying to get the loaded ammunition on shelves first then get components for reloaders. I have seen the loaded ammunition with the TLR on the shelves here in NM. They said we should be seeing the components in the next couple of months. Lets hope they were not just smooth talkers....

I also talked to Federal at the expo in SLC and they said they had some very large government orders that took priority over the new product line and also logistics of implementing a new product. They are trying to get the loaded ammunition on shelves first then get components for reloaders. I have seen the loaded ammunition with the TLR on the shelves here in NM. They said we should be seeing the components in the next couple of months. Lets hope they were not just smooth talkers....
If they are anything like nosler it could be another year before we see them

Got 5 boxes of the 30 cal 175 gr from Midway on Jan 28, then they went out of stock again

never could get any 200 gr in 30 cal and Midway has just canceled my backorder from March 2018

175s are back in stock. Almost grabbed a couple boxes to experiment with but I'm content for now with the 175 VLD and 178 ELDX loads I have worked up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts