Federal Edge TLR Bullets For Reloading

Floyd, what load in your 06?
Both of these loads are Federal Factory . The rifle is built on Browning L.H. A-Bolt SS action 24" #5 Kreiger ss barrel in a McMill. A5 Tack stock trigger is tuned at 1 1/4 pound. I have shot the 175 out to 300yds and it held MOA , have shot the 168 out to 600 with very bad mirage and experience 3" variance in elevation which is probably me and I was running them out of a very hot barrel. when it cools of a bit I will reshoot both . I am switching to LE Wilson dies and just picked them up from my gun smith to start reloading . when I find a load for these two bullets I will post it for you , I am guessing the powder load will be one of the 4350's but do not know at this point

Floyd, what load in your 06?
Both of these loads are Federal Factory . The rifle is built on Browning L.H. A-Bolt SS action 24" #5 Kreiger ss barrel in a McMill. A5 Tack stock trigger is tuned at 1 1/4 pound. I have shot the 175 out to 300yds and it held MOA , have shot the 168 out to 600 with very bad mirage and experience 3" variance in elevation which is probably me and I was running them out of a very hot barrel. when it cools of a bit I will reshoot both . I am switching to LE Wilson dies and just picked them up from my gun smith to start reloading . when I find a load for these two bullets I will post it for you , I am guessing the powder load will be one of the 4350's but do not know at this point

I just got my rebuild in 7.82 Lazzeroni short mag Patriot back and will try the 175 Federal TLR in it , if I can get them to group it will be my out west travel weapon and the 06 my back up. 26" Krieger SS , McMill A5 tack stock , 1 1/4pound Tim. tuned and polished trigger , I know the Lazz rifle cartridges are not populr but have two and love them second barrel for this one and about to re-barrel the old Warbird. I don't think I will live long enough to shoot these three new barrels out but if the Lord allows I will rebarrel and leave for my kids or Grands . LOL

I haven't had success in working up an satisfactorily accurate load for my 30 Nosler CA Traverse. I've only shot 100 of the 200gr .308" Edge TLR bullets so far, trying seating to 0.002 - 0.033" jump, and H1000 loads between 75gr - 79gr. Best load so far shoots 0.6 MOA Mean Radius (or about 1.7" 5-shot groups at 100 yards). For comparison, this rifle shoots 212gr ELD-X bullets at 0.3 MOA Mean Radius (or about 0.8" 5-shot groups at 100 yards). I have three more boxes of these to try to find a good load with, but I'm starting to lose hope that this is the perfect projectile that I had hoped for!

It's quite likely that other rifles will do just fine with this bullet, but I am concerned with the copper bumps that are present on the shanks of about half of my bullets (obtained from two vendors, so likely not the same lot, although there is no lot number on the boxes). The bullets measure 0.308" diameter as they should, except that they measure 0.310" at these bumps. The bump is large enough to prevent these bullets from sliding into the neck of a fired case. These 0.002" don't have the black nickel coating so they are pretty obvious; might be worth sorting the blemished ones out, but I haven't resorted to that yet.

I measured 50 bullets, and found the mean weight to be 200.01gr with a standard deviation of 0.38gr, and the mean base-to-ogive length to be 0.9689" with a standard deviation of 0.0029".

2019-08-23_19-00-10_110.jpeg 2019-08-23_19-44-23_517.jpeg

Attachments

• EdgeTLR.PNG
    EdgeTLR.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 176
Anyone experience high pressure signs loading this in a 300wm? Using Reloader 22, fed 215's and getting sticky bolt lift, ejector marks and flat primers at 71.4gr.

Are you using standard cup bullet loads out of your reloading book ? Monolithic bullets without the grooves will always show more pressure , ALWAYS start monolithic bullets low and work up . We start around 3-5 grains below.

I have these in 175 gr but have not started loading them yet , working on 2 loads for my 30-06 . I will be loading them in my Lazz 30 cal short mag soon and will let you know how far below standard book load I start to see pressure signs . I know they are two different cases but could give you an idea for rule of thumb

I have these in 175 gr but have not started loading them yet , working on 2 loads for my 30-06 . I will be loading them in my Lazz 30 cal short mag soon and will let you know how far below standard book load I start to see pressure signs . I know they are two different cases but could give you an idea for rule of thumb
Copy that! I'm redoing my test loads for these and we'll see how they shoot. Look forward to the results. Thanks!

Barnes has a 30 cal 175 Long Range TTSX that opens at 1500 FPS and has more relief grooves it is a very nice bullet and all their load data is on the internet . If you give them a try and can not get the data for your 300 Win let me know and I will scan and email the load data to you out of their book . Keep me posted on your results with the Fed. TLR . They are awesome out of my 06 (factory loads) but a bit slow groups at .188 - .250 MOA

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.