Fast Twist 270 Win vs. 6.8 Western

Huh,.................... I didn't get the memo
I'm following up to your "Average" rating of feenix's posts. Hence, of members & theirs posts, who did you think are in the "Top Ten" best contributors? I'd like to see how many are on my list and how many I can add. Thx

I'm following up to your "Average" rating of feenix's posts. Hence, of members & theirs posts, who did you think are in the "Top Ten" best contributors? I'd like to see how many are on my list and how many I can add. Thx
I'm rally not sure but I do know Mudrunner should make the honorable mention list 🤣 🤣 🤣

I'm rally not sure but I do know Mudrunner should make the honorable mention list 🤣 🤣 🤣
Are messin? "The following members could not be found: Mudrunner. "Muddyboots" is this OPer. What's the story behind your avatar picture? You currently or you in your youth or ??? 😹 Anyway, I do like your contributions via based on facts (98.8765% anyway) 🥤

Are messin? "The following members could not be found: Mudrunner. "Muddyboots" is this OPer. What's the story behind your avatar picture? You currently or you in your youth or ??? 😹 Anyway, I do like your contributions via based on facts (98.8765% anyway) 🥤
It's an old joke, Mud got the boot years ago, As for my avatar, I got involuntary entered into a tough man contest some years ago ( Still not sure how it happened), My head was shaved and I had on Bib Overalls and for some reason the crowd started chanting ButterBean and it has shuck with me ever since

It's an old joke, Mud got the boot years ago, As for my avatar, I got involuntary entered into a tough man contest some years ago ( Still not sure how it happened), My head was shaved and I had on Bib Overalls and for some reason the crowd started chanting ButterBean and it has shuck with me ever since
I am imagining some combination of "Voluntold" because a "friend" paid the entry fee, alcohol, and maybe a pretty girl or two were factors in your entry into the tough guy contest.

Just a question. Is a 270AI much different than the Sherman Wildcat 270?

I am imagining some combination of "Voluntold" because a "friend" paid the entry fee, alcohol, and maybe a pretty girl or two were factors in your entry into the tough guy contest.

Just a question. Is a 270AI much different than the Sherman Wildcat 270?
I wasn't drinking and I'm still not sure what happened, no women were in the equation, I did fairly well until I got disqualified and I've never ran a Sherman but I'm tickled with the AI

Pretty much unobtanium. I got some from Londero back in the winter but they are showing out of stock.

Your best bet is probably calling around small gunshops or just backorder from x-reload.

I will let you know if I find any!

If you haven't added hirschprecision.com to your list of places get supplies
Pretty much unobtanium. I got some from Londero back in the winter but they are showing out of stock.

Your best bet is probably calling around small gunshops or just backorder from x-reload.

I will let you know if I find any!

do so their usually pretty good.

Great suggestion! Peter and Donna are really good to deal with. It's been a while for me though - I tend to get a lot of components off of GunNutz these days.

Finally got the brass for my .270 WSM so I am excited to proceed with that project

Last edited:
As P.O. said, up to a point more powder equals more velocity.

I find the sudden love for the 270 amusing. I forsee more orphan cartridges to join the SAUMs, WSMs, 325, 307, 356 and so on.

When someone can tell me what any of these "new" 270s can do that cannot be equalled by the boring old 7mm RemMag IN REAL WORLD PRACTICAL HUNTING SITUATIONS I'll listen.
I really don't think they van