Fall elk hunt with my 270

I use Barnes TSX 140 gr in my Win M70 in .270 Win. I dropped a 250 pound hog with it at 350 yards last year using this bullet...

358guy-what was your R23/130TTSX load , if I may ask? I used R23 behind the 150NBT (59.5gr) very consistent for 2900+ also. My next rifle in .270 ( I have a Kimber 84L headed my way) will have a 24" bbl, but I want 3200/129 LRX and if I can get there with a temp stable powder that would be the "berries"! :)

Set on using the old 270 this fall with a Barnes 129 lrx or 130 ttsx. Does anyone have any suggestions with these 2 projectiles with either reloder 16 or 26. Any and all experiences are welcomed. Please no " I'd never shoot an elk with a 270" comments. Thanks guys.
Btw shots on this property have traditionally ran in the 300-600 yd range.
I've used my custom 270 for years on deer and elk, love the round and gun. I've killed 8 bulls to 510 yards and cant count the deer to 500 yards. I don't reload so bought every factory round I could find to test. Settled on the Nosler Custom 140grn Accubond running at 3000fps, 26" barrel its sub moa and closer to .5 moa. Never more than one shot kills. I know guys **** on the accubonds but proof in one kill dead animals is good with me. I'm so confident in the round I'm using it on my Africa hunt this spring. Good Luck!

Have seen at least 10-12 elk killed by 270 win. through the years. Not a big deal. Most were shot with 150 cup and core bullets in the lungs. One shot and done. Killed a good bull with 130 rem core locks and he died too very quickly. A couple were killed with 130 Barnes and they that worked too. Of course all were killed inside 300 yds. I like to hunt not shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.