Fake Nightforce??????

I have bought a lot of top shelf glass at a good deal. Pulled them off EBay, gunbroker, forums, Craigslist etc etc. I've only passed on one, met the guy in person and he was jittery as heck and you could tell something was up, there's been a couple more that never went anywhere after asking a few questions, it was obvious it wasn't for real. I think your wise to get the serial number. Ask him for a few more pics, ask him about it's history, ask him why he is selling, ask him if he has any references on EBay, forums or wherever he may have a track record. If you feel like it's for real meet in a public place, I like having someone with me when I do that. If along the way you get bad vibes then follow your gut, let it go but you never know when someone really needs cash or what their circumstances may be.

Last edited:
I just sold a fancy scope 1/3 of the original price. I just wanted to unload it, and it sat on ebay too long. Then ebay banged me for a $100 in fees. Sure I took a loss, someone got a good deal. But I wanted to move on.

Have a chance to buy a 7x35x56. ACATAR F1...model C569. Guy will meet in person. Ya'all ever hear of a fake nightforce before I make a drive? Should weigh a ton, and the glass alone should give it away or not, but thought I'd ask. Wants $1500...

Any thoughts appreciated.
Get a serial number. Call Nightforce. There up in Orifino Idaho. See if its legit. Still no guarantee but at least you have some assurance. That'd be really weird if you came across a fake. That'd be quite an undertaking to try and fool someone.

Used optics do depreciate precipitously. Especially from companies like NF that do not offer lifetime warranties. I would not pay even half of retail for a used one, I would rather just buy new. What if the scope is broken? Then you are gonna be SOL.

Have a chance to buy a 7x35x56. ACATAR F1...model C569. Guy will meet in person. Ya'all ever hear of a fake nightforce before I make a drive? Should weigh a ton, and the glass alone should give it away or not, but thought I'd ask. Wants $1500...

Any thoughts appreciated.
Offer him $1,200 😅 seriously though, I hope it's the real deal and things work out. Not uncommon to see 60% off depending upon the persons financial situation 🤔