Fake Nightforce??????

Used optics do depreciate precipitously. Especially from companies like NF that do not offer lifetime warranties. I would not pay even half of retail for a used one, I would rather just buy new. What if the scope is broken? Then you are gonna be SOL.

Not to derail this thread re: fakes but NF will repair their scopes whether the original owner or not. I've bought used ones and sent them in for inspection at no cost to me.

Have a chance to buy a 7x35x56. ACATAR F1...model C569. Guy will meet in person. Ya'all ever hear of a fake nightforce before I make a drive? Should weigh a ton, and the glass alone should give it away or not, but thought I'd ask. Wants $1500...

Any thoughts appreciated.
Vegas just be a little smarter than the crooks if need be? Get serial # on bottom of scope or better ask the seller(lol) then call Night Force to confirm
Have a chance to buy a 7x35x56. ACATAR F1...model C569. Guy will meet in person. Ya'all ever hear of a fake nightforce before I make a drive? Should weigh a ton, and the glass alone should give it away or not, but thought I'd ask. Wants $1500...

Be careful lots of fakes out there I've personally seen fake Zeiss and Leopold and know they'res others and the appearance is a pretty good copy always check serial numbers

It's either stolen or a set up.Put your pistol in your pocket to prevent Robbery.He may just be broke and a real deal but it sounds too go I d to be true but people get desperate when broke.

Mo⁸

Not all screaming deals are fakes, I purchased a Swarovski spotting scope from a member here at a heck of a deal about 10 years ago. I go by the "trust but verify" motto.

You never know, he could be going through a divorce or another life change. Not everybody is out there to make the most $$ they can off of things that they have. I bought a FN SPR rifle, Leupold scope, and all the accessories a few years ago that was about 6 years old that had only a few rounds put through it. The guy just wanted to get the $$ he had in it back out, He showed me the receipt what he paid for the rifle and scope, I bought the rifle for what he paid, the scope for 50% off and he threw in the Badger Ordinance rings, 20 moa rail, Harris Bipod and 3 boxes of FGM .308 ammo. Said he couldn't hit a man sized target at 600 yds with it. He said take it, shoot it and if it shoots OK for you then we will complete the deal. (I knew him - he's a customer of mine). For me it shot 1/2 moa with the factory FGM ammo out to 1K, I couldn't pay him fast enough.

Last edited:

Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 ZeroStop .250 MOA Illum PTL MOAR C569

It's a $3,600.00 scope NEW. Can't see how he is selling for $2,100.00 less. It is either a deal of the century or a scam.
If you go take two friends and they should both be loaded for bear, as you should be too. Have cuffs avaliable and speed dail for sheriffs office.

LOL

But really don't go alone

A good friend bought a used rifle with Leupold VX-3i 4.5x14x50mm scope mounted on it this spring. He replaced the cheap scope rings and remounted the scope, and the scope tube buckled when he torqued (not over-torqued!) the ring screws. He sent the scope to Leupold for repair, and they informed him it was a counterfeit.

Additional research revealed there was a bunch of fake Leupolds a couple years ago, and they reportedly have the same serial number. (This one is 503088AB.) The fit and finish is generally good, but the caps on the elevation and wind age are plastic, and the adjustment dials are cheap plastic and obviously not Leupold. Caveat emptor!

wouldnt put it past some factory in china making close fakes. i havent read all these comments, but have you reached out to NF to see if there is a way to verify?

Ask for the serial number and either check online or call NF!