fake Zeiss

overbo

Sent a guy the ss# off a Zeiss scope and he told me it was fake according to Zeiss. Never heard Zeiss had this problem. Bought this scope 5 or so years ago from a authorized zeiss dealer.

Anyone else know of this issue w/ Zeiss scopes?

WOW never heard of that 1 before! but I have seen some fake ACOG's out there! if your un happy about it I'd take it back where I bought it and confront them about it! I don't care how long ago it was if their still in business? just my thoughts! it just go's to show you just never know anymore who's making what your buying! I hope you got a good price on it none the less? and weren't ripped to bad on it! I hate when I hear stuff like this going on!gun)

He may have taken number wrong or. You could e-mail yourself and check, if from dealer I suspect your ok

You need to hear first hand from Zeiss. Then if need be walk back through the process to determine at which point the breakdown occurred. It sounds like this wasn't some back alley deal to begin with, and I suspect an error someplace.

Update,

Talked w/ Zeiss and they found the scope in their back logged catalog. Scope is a older model they no longer afford. So for some reason they restarted the manufacture #'s as a bino??????:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.