Factory Bullet Recommendations for 6.5 Creedmoor

First I'd determine what bullet types are preferred, then range and speed (is that ammo/bullet good for that distance). Last I'd buy ammo in all of those types and see which shoots the best in said rifle. Using factory ammo - IMHO, that is the best you can do.

BTW, if you're looking for something between solids and fragmenting - these might be a good option to try(not cheap, but excellent reputation):

Did it? It may seem that way but as someone who is out to learn. He may not even know of the different subjects we talked about. Bullets or barrel break in.

I think back to when I built my first .257 weatherby. I asked questions and got straight forward responses. But without knowing I caused my tail with ammo and I would have definitely done something different.
Straight forward is not always the best and who's gonna start a thread just to start a disagreement? This is how we learn.
The op is obviously experienced with various chamberings and is explicitly asking about bullets for the 6.5 CM. I don't see how people espousing their superior "experience and knowledge" helps his cause. Egos ALWAYS take control of these type threads.

For the 6.5 CM I would run the 143 ELDX, out of the bullets you listed, great all around proven performer. If you went lighter I would try the 120 CX, 124 Hammer Hunter or 127 LRX. I have had good luck with those in the last few years out of my couple of 6.5 CMs.

The op is obviously experienced with various chamberings and is explicitly asking about bullets for the 6.5 CM. I don't see how people espousing their superior "experience and knowledge" helps his cause. Egos ALWAYS take control of these type threads.
How was me staring g that he could just shoot whatever cheap ammo he could find to break it in then find his good hunting ammo. Obviously I said that so he doesn't look at quality ammo and think nope.
Of he was experienced enough to not need any advice he probably would know he may need a few different ones to see what his rifle likes.
If nobody ever offered expertise the. Nobody would learn cause we don't always know which questions to ask. For what he was asking maybe he didn't know barrel speed up so it's smart move to break them in before going out west where 50-100fps can make a big difference. No egos got in anybody's way.

How are those 127 gr. LRX performing, in respects to grouping? I haven't played with any because of some reports of them not grouping as well as other options?
I shot a five shot group of .350 at an average of 2888 with the 127 LRX factory load yesterday. I'll shoot another box to confirm and probably just load up on factory and not even try to hand load if it continues to be that consistent. ES was 19.5 and SD was 6.3.

I shot a five shot group of .350 at an average of 2888 with the 127 LRX factory load yesterday. I'll shoot another box to confirm and probably just load up on factory and not even try to hand load if it continues to be that consistent. ES was 19.5 and SD was 6.3.
that is some awesome results! that rifle is a keeper

It's a Sauer M100. The original owner said it shot them really well and he was right! Only the second or third time I've shot it.

If they all run out of velocity at the same distance, then you know the limit.
That's why I responded as such in #7.
Berger bullets are my go-to bullets, but the 156 might be too heavy to take full advantage of what it is designed for in 6.5 CM. I am not saying you cannot use it, but I would use the 130, 135, or 140 instead. Please understand that the Berger bullets are designed as fragmenting bullets.

Whichever bullet choice you choose, know its limitations at POI for the game you will hunt.

My friend is getting a similar result to yours. I have a box to try myself whenever I get around it.

I had very good luck with the hornady precision hunter 143 ELDX when I had my creedmore. Almost always put two holes in em and animals never went far. I ended up moving to the PRC just because..

Another vote for the 127gr LRX. The only hunting load I have compared it to is the TTSX and the LRX group better and are pretty gnarly down range. I do want to try the Hornady Outfitter with the CX just because its cheaper.
1000021602.jpg
1000021603.jpg