Factory Ammo for .260

95huskers

Is there any factory Ammo for .260 Rem that you guys would recommend? I normally reload all of my bullets but won't shoot this gun much and would just like to use factory ammo for now to get started with it.

I would try the 120 NBT ammo. That bullet shoots real good in all my 260's. Great for deer too. Never shot a factory round with them though.

For copper that ttsx ammo is probably good that GMAX is probably worth a try as well. I am surprised that many sources are available.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Last edited:
The Federal 120 gr BT's shoot better than anything in my brothers model 7. I bought 2 boxes of HSM 130 gr Bergers for him, only to find out Remington screwed up (again..) & put too slow a twist on these rifles the first few years they were manufactured. They sent him a recall notice but the rifle is too darn accurate with my handloads for him to ship it back to Remington. I load him some 100 gr partitions for the .260 that shoot .5 to .7 MOA & are hell on whitetails in the woods...

Thanks for the help guys. I think i'm going to try out the 120gr Nosler BT's to start. Can't beat the price and that should be a perfect round for what I'm going to use the gun for if I can get them to shoot good out of my Tikka CTR.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.