Extra Long Gun Case?

elkregulator

Does anyone know where I can get an reasonable priced extra long scoped gun case?
My current rig is 54".
I don't need a $300-$500 airline - bulletproof case. I just need something to go the range. Plastic is fine.

Thanks,

Re: Extra Long Gun Case? SS7MM

Dick,
I have an AM similar to yours. I bought the muzzle loader case you describe and it just seems to be too narrow for the large turrets on my NXS Night Force scope. The case puckers out severely at the turrets when shut. Do I just need to cut the foam out here to reduce the pressure.
Thanks,
Jett

Jett:

That's what I did with mine. I just closed the case for a few minutes and it left an impression in the foam and then I just cut out small circles part way into the foam to relieve the pressure on the turrets and I've been using it like that for 3+ years now with no problems. By cutting only part way into the foam everything is still protected pretty well.

With a scope with standard type turrets there would be no problem but with a big scope like the NF scopes the turrets compact the foam quite a but.

I now have a 32" barrel plus the large 5 port Painkiller brake on it and the gun still fits fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.