Exo packs

New K3 packs will be shipping in July! They have a 4500 now to fill the gap in the K2 space. Their facebook and Instagram posts confirm the details and you can get a look at the new pack.

What's everybody's thoughts on the new K3 packs made out of aluminum instead of titanium? I was holding out for the taller K3, part of the sexiness of the exo is the titanium in my opinion - I am having second thoughts../

Last edited:
What's everybody's thoughts on the new K3 packs made out of aluminum instead of titanium? I was holding out for the taller K3, part of the sexiness of the exo is the titanium in my opinion - I am having second thoughts../

I know very little about the scientific side of it, but in their podcast on their K3 they cover this some. Supposedly they found a new type of aluminum that is just as strong. It could just be marketing but they sounded confident that it was a better design.

I know very little about the scientific side of it, but in their podcast on their K3 they cover this some. Supposedly they found a new type of aluminum that is just as strong. It could just be marketing but they sounded confident that it was a better design.

I read about it on their website. It is still aluminum. I am going to try and snag one of the K2 titanium frames now I think.

I preordered a K3 4800, hope it is here soon! Titanium is cool, but if aluminum will do the same thing and be 2oz lighter I am happy with that.

I preordered a K3 4800, hope it is here soon! Titanium is cool, but if aluminum will do the same thing and be 2oz lighter I am happy with that.

I was all amped up for this new K3 - for whatever reason the aluminum gave me cause to pause. I am looking at Kifaru or the new KUIU stuff now.

You'll have to let me know what you think of the K3

Nothing wrong with the K2 if you can still get them. Why look at others if you liked it. Just curious. I have buddy's with kuiu packs and as much as I like kuiu stuff I would not trade my EXO K2 frame pack for thiers.

I was all amped up for this new K3 - for whatever reason the aluminum gave me cause to pause. I am looking at Kifaru or the new KUIU stuff now.

You'll have to let me know what you think of the K3
Will do.

I have been wanting a new pack for quite some time and was looking for tried n true, all-around haulers. I had it down to Kuiu, EXO, and Kifaru. Finally settled on the EXO K2 5500 and then went to order it and found they had the new line. I tracked down all their podcasts on the new packs as I was a bit worried about cutting corners to save weight. After listening to their explanations for the new material and the rigorous testing I decided to give it a try. Guys seem pretty up and up and put these things through the ringer to compare to the old frames. I know they are salesman, but their philosophy for the company sounds above pure profit and about producing the highest quality product.

We will see but my hopes are hi!

How was the new K3? I have a MR Pintler I like quite a bit but needing something with a little more room for a couple more days of gear. Looking at EXO, SG and Kifaru.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.