Exo packs

Discussion in 'Backpack Hunting' started by mikea5232, Jan 8, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Flatbow

Flatbow Well-Known Member

I like my 3500 so much I bought a 5500 for my Son for his B-day.... just dont say nothing to him yet his B-day isn't until next week.... :)
    He is going to s--t his pants!

2. mikea5232

mikea5232 Well-Known Member

Smart man buying the son a bigger pack than you have. He gets to carry the bigger load. Lol

3. Flatbow

You caught that did you?!! :)

mikea5232 likes this.
  4. Swampr42

Swampr42 Member

I love the 5500. I almost bought the 3500, but after 6 straight day trips into the back country I’m glad I have the extra capacity.

5. Flatbow

Probably a smart choice.
    The 3500 is fine for day hunts and up to 3 days or so but even with ultra light gear after stuffing a sleeping bag, tent, 2-3 liters water rain gear kill kit, etc. You kinda have to start looking for places to stuff your freeze dryed meals!
    That's why I bought my Son the 5500 for his B-day last week....
    Now I have a place to put my food! :)... or .maybe he can pack the tent and the, and the....

6. HANGum HIGH

HANGum HIGH New Member

How do they compare to kuiu packs?

7. kvw4x4

kvw4x4 Member

sounds like exo is gonna come out with a new 4800 pack this june, they designed with born and raised outdoors

mikea5232 likes this.
  8. Flatbow

As far as how they compare to Kuiu.
    Kuiu are great packs, my buddy has one and I have the exo. Kuiu is a tad lighter and after both are a bit used the kiui is a tad noisier (neither one is what I would consider quiet. Where I think the exo excels is in comfort with heavier loads and I like the layout a little better.
    I have also heard of the kuiu frame breaking in certain circumstances even thought my buddy has not had that sort of a problem with his.
    I have never heard of an exo frame breaking.

Oh yea actually the guy that recommended I look into the exo did so after I told him I was going to buy a Kuiu.
    He had an exo because his Kuiu did break while on a sheep hunt!
    And by all means I am not at all anti kuiu as most all my other gear is in fact Kuiu other than a couple pieces of First lite

9. DylanDavis1229

DylanDavis1229 Member

I’ve heard nothing but good about Exo packs. They are an Idaho based company and the owners are cool guys.