Exo packs

I like my 3500 so much I bought a 5500 for my Son for his B-day.... just dont say nothing to him yet his B-day isn't until next week.... :)
He is going to s--t his pants!

Probably a smart choice.
The 3500 is fine for day hunts and up to 3 days or so but even with ultra light gear after stuffing a sleeping bag, tent, 2-3 liters water rain gear kill kit, etc. You kinda have to start looking for places to stuff your freeze dryed meals!
That's why I bought my Son the 5500 for his B-day last week....
Now I have a place to put my food! :)... or .maybe he can pack the tent and the, and the....

As far as how they compare to Kuiu.
Kuiu are great packs, my buddy has one and I have the exo. Kuiu is a tad lighter and after both are a bit used the kiui is a tad noisier (neither one is what I would consider quiet. Where I think the exo excels is in comfort with heavier loads and I like the layout a little better.
I have also heard of the kuiu frame breaking in certain circumstances even thought my buddy has not had that sort of a problem with his.
I have never heard of an exo frame breaking.

Oh yea actually the guy that recommended I look into the exo did so after I told him I was going to buy a Kuiu.
He had an exo because his Kuiu did break while on a sheep hunt!
And by all means I am not at all anti kuiu as most all my other gear is in fact Kuiu other than a couple pieces of First lite

I am 6'5" and reached out to them a couple weeks ago to see if there frame would work for me. They were quick to respond and tell me they were releasing a longer frame this summer and if I can wait that would be a better fit for me. i am patiently waiting now to join the exo family:)

I have had eberlestock, Badlands, and most recently the tenzing 4000 - still on my quest to find "the one". Hoping it is exo!

I'm 6'5" as well and have the 5500 and it fits me great. It was easy to carry around for 10days

I have a 3500 and I'm going to a 5500 bag. The 3500 is nice but not quite big enough for extended stays in the back country IMO. I'll run it on a Kifaru frame and then get a complete new Exo when they have them available. Everyone says the Kifaru frames are the best with heavy loads so I wanted to give it a go but I really like the Exo bags. Exo is right down the street from me so I'll go try on their new stuff when they get it done.

I have a 3500 and I'm going to a 5500 bag. The 3500 is nice but not quite big enough for extended stays in the back country IMO. I'll run it on a Kifaru frame and then get a complete new Exo when they have them available. Everyone says the Kifaru frames are the best with heavy loads so I wanted to give it a go but I really like the Exo bags. Exo is right down the street from me so I'll go try on their new stuff when they get it done.
Do you know if exo has a showroom or will let you try on a bag at their facility? My wife and I are driving through Boise in June and I'd love to try one on before I commit to buying one.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.