Exo lid bag into day pack?

orchemo

Enjoy my Exo pack.

One thing my old Mountainsmith backpacking bag did, was the lid bag came off and had a waist belt built in. Allowed one to use the lid bag as a small day bag.

Anyone done such a thing with their Exo?

My lid would seem to small for that? I use my hydro bladder holder Kuiu for some small evening stand hunts, for deer elk and bear.But you only get a few essentials

Enjoy my Exo pack.

One thing my old Mountainsmith backpacking bag did, was the lid bag came off and had a waist belt built in. Allowed one to use the lid bag as a small day bag.

Haven't tried that with mine. I'm sure you could make it work with some creativity but those exo's compress down pretty well. Check out there YouTube they have a few videos on how to compress down their bags for day trips.

Enjoy my Exo pack.

Interesting idea, but I don't understand the waist belt on such a small bag. Would be easy enough to make a couple of shoulder straps - I'd think 6ft of webbing and a couple of buckles would get it done... Interesting idea - I'd love to see some photos of what you come up with!

Time to go in REI and get a few buckles and webbing. Sometimes it is nice to not unload the whole back for an hour scampering around.