Eliseo Tube Gun Build

SWAT Medic

Pretty excited about my Eliseo Tube Chassis that is in production right now. So excited, that I decided to write about it...since all i can do right now is wait for my build number to come up!!!

I have a Tikka T3 in 7mm-08 Rem. I have always been the kind of guy to be satisfied with stock guns. Do my research and buy a gun that is great out of the box. After having this and another T3 in .243 for a little over a year now, I decided that I couldn't resist the urge anymore, and I decided to go full force with a massive overhaul of my T3 in 7mm-08.

My current T3 set up has the basic, blued sporter barrel, which I notice is not very good after 3 shots with POI changing almost 1.5", so I knew I wanted to get a bull barrel. In researching which barrel I was going to buy, I came across the Proof Research folks and was sold on their scientific approach. But in ogling their awesome website (Proof Research | We Give You Proof | Homepage : proofresearch.com) I saw this awesome tube gun they sell. That was the first time I had heard the name Eliseo, so I looked it up (thanks Mr. Google).

Gary Eliseo also has a great website (Got X Ring). I knew it was meant to be when the first post on his site was fir his newly announced tube chassis built specifically for the Tikka T3!!! I ordered one later that week. Gary has been great to work with and the price was right!

So here is the build specs:

• Tikka T3 in 7mm-08 Rem
  • Tikka adjustable trigger (love this trigger and won't be upgraidng this)
  • Gary Eliseo Light Weight Hunter Chassis in Flat Dark Earth
  • Proof Research Bull Barrel
  • Nightforce 20MOA unimount
  • Vortex ViperHS 4-16x44 scope
    I already had this on the Tikka...love this scope, and with the cash I am forking over for the chassis and barrel, this will be the scope for quite some time. I also happen to love the Vortex scopes, so any upgrade will be to another Vortex (higher power)​
  • Sierra Precision SPR handgrip
  • Mako Group GL ShockCP Adjustable stock (also in flat dark earth)
  • Accuracy International 5-round Mag

I am still looking for a smith who is willing to finish off the Proof barrel for me. Everyone I have talked to so far has said they don't feel comfortable handling the CF. There are still several weeks before the chassis and barrel arrive, so I have time to find the right guy.

I think you will enjoy your Proof Research Barrel I have done a number of them and they have all been pretty consistant shooters.

Good Luck With Your Project

So I am now finding that it is hard to find a smith who will finish off the Proof barrel. Anyone know of someone in or near the Bay Area, CA who would take this on?

Chamber
Thread
Crown

Chose 7mm-08 for the BC. I have 7mm-08 brass so I am not resizing. I think the donut is only a problem when necking up...it's not something I've ever dealt with.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.