6X47 Lapua tube gun repeater

308 nate

Well, I finally got to go out and shoot my 6X47 Lapua today and will say I really,really like this round. Here is the load I used.
Virgin brass
CCI 400 primers
105 A-Max molly coated
40 grs. of H4350
3140 FPS.
here is the rifle make up.....

Tube gun repeater by Mak
700 receiver blueprinted with PTG oversize bolt and helical fluting
Magpull fully adjustable butt stock
G27 grip
Broughton 5C 1 in 7 twist 28", I previously had this barrel at 31" chambered in .243 WSSM rogue.
25MOA base
IOR 6-24X50 MP8 retical and exposed turrets.

I have 500, 111's coming from Dave Tubb, should have them in another week.
Here is a couple pixs of the rifle and my 600YD. target. There is 10 rounds on the 600 yd target. was dealing with approx. 10-15 MPH winds. also I have not glued the receiver into the tube gun yet which I still plan on doing as the base sits on top of the tube instead of the action.

More to come........................................

6x47lapua.jpg

6x47lapua2.jpg

6x47lapua3.jpg

6x47lapua4.jpg

Last edited:
I love it.....been thinkin on one of those tube guns.

The 6x47 kicks major butt IMO. For 600 F-class I do not feel it gives away anything to any caliber. 6br accuracy 6.5x284 ballistics, cant go wrong with that. If you get a chance try some vv560 with 115 bergers. I cant say whether your rifle would like it, but it is magic in both of mine.

I love it.....been thinkin on one of those tube guns.

The 6x47 kicks major butt IMO. For 600 F-class I do not feel it gives away anything to any caliber. 6br accuracy 6.5x284 ballistics, cant go wrong with that. If you get a chance try some vv560 with 115 bergers. I cant say whether your rifle would like it, but it is magic in both of mine.

eddybo,
Thanks for the load info I might have to give it a try. I have some 111's coming in about a week. VV powder is kinda hard to get around here, but I will see what I can find. I have a bunch of 115's maybe I will give them a try as well.

Nate

that is some nice shooting. how many loads did you try before finding that one. good luck in f class this year.

I have 30 rounds through the gun to date. The first 5 were at 39.4 then I went up to 40 grains and shot the remainder.
Hey Toby if you are at the "F" class match I'm sure I'll get a run for my money ;) and if you beat me at least I can say I was beat by one of the best ;) all funnin' aside I am looking forward to the "F" class matches this year.

Nate

SUNDEVIL-

"The Original Tube Gun"

Get the tubegun chassis there, get a Remington 700 (or clone) receiver, add a barrel and any customized bits you want (takes AR-15 stock & grips) -- then have somebody like Nate put 'er all together for you :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.