new gun build

The only negative thing I've heard about very light rifles is you need to shoot it more! They do move on point of aim easily, so all of your mechanics and breathing need to be improved as well as practicing different shooting positions.
I'd put a break on it too.
It should be a great rifle.

F4E3DA12-3B06-4611-81DB-A994BA791680.jpeg

Only hunting on that side of the country is a friends ranch in Texas but other than that not really hunting out west as of now. Use to go to Colorado for some mule deer and elk several years ago but had girls and they took my time until the last one is moving out of house in a month when they get married so get to try to get back into a shooting groove.

I have hunted most my years with three guns a Sauer deluxe 90 243, a Sauer deluxe 90 in 300 win mag, and a Belgium Browning old safari grade 270 with an Fn action. most all in 10 lb. range. I'm very fit and do alot of hiking and such. I handload and do a bit of shooting on a regular and have a 100 and 200 yard range on my property down in planted pines out of the wind with full benchrest covered setup. Im not a person who just loves to go burn ammo, working loads is shoot 1 let it cool, shoot another let it cool so I do understand about the barrel.
Also want to thank you for your service for the country have alot of friends who have served and cant thank a vet enough!!
What's great about our country is we get to do just this build whatever we want and some folks just don't understand the freedoms we really have and why they are worth protecting!!
You have a GREAT weekend and be safe!

Marc

Yea, just like (JMW67) said. Don't start your build until you can secure "ALL" of your reloading necessities.
I was going to build one and couldn't get "EVERYTHING" I needed.
So I went another direction.
Plan on breaking in with factory ammo then going to start working on some loads!

Alamo does quality work, especially on their builds.
I see you r in Lubbock Texas, I have a good friend who just sold his ranch a couple years ago outside of Post towards Snyder, now has a ranch in Clifton a bit smaller first ranch was just over 23,000 acres this one is a bit over 1000. he said he had enough of fences!! LOL

I'll add another TriggerTech over Jewell recommendation. I have both and TriggerTech no contest. The 6.5 PRC is a sweet round but as mentioned brass can be hard to find right now. If you aren't going to stretch her legs or use on bigger game there isn't a real advantage over a 6.5CM. I get over 2900fps out of a 22" barrel with 140 ELD-M & RL26 which is approaching PRC. Food for thought.

Last edited:
Only hunting on that side of the country is a friends ranch in Texas but other than that not really hunting out west as of now. Use to go to Colorado for some mule deer and elk several years ago but had girls and they took my time until the last one is moving out of house in a month when they get married so get to try to get back into a shooting groove.

I have hunted most my years with three guns a Sauer deluxe 90 243, a Sauer deluxe 90 in 300 win mag, and a Belgium Browning old safari grade 270 with an Fn action. most all in 10 lb. range. I'm very fit and do alot of hiking and such. I handload and do a bit of shooting on a regular and have a 100 and 200 yard range on my property down in planted pines out of the wind with full benchrest covered setup. Im not a person who just loves to go burn ammo, working loads is shoot 1 let it cool, shoot another let it cool so I do understand about the barrel.
Also want to thank you for your service for the country have alot of friends who have served and cant thank a vet enough!!
What's great about our country is we get to do just this build whatever we want and some folks just don't understand the freedoms we really have and why they are worth protecting!!
You have a GREAT weekend and be safe!

Marc
That's great had allot of Country boys in my units. It's important to stay in the game. Good luck with your build and in all your pursuits. Gonzo

I have several new in the box Zeiss 2.5-10x50 30mm victory scopes in safe we bought a couple years ago so was going to use one of them. I was looking for a not overly bulky rig just clean and straight to the point.
You haven't mentioned the action type.
I would shy away from a trational Remington 700,or a clone, unless it has been modified for the 6.5 PRC, or you will have trouble chambering rounds from the mag. Ask if Alamo has a direct feed action they install.

You haven't mentioned the action type.
I would shy away from a trational Remington 700,or a clone, unless it has been modified for the 6.5 PRC, or you will have trouble chambering rounds from the mag. Ask if Alamo has a direct feed action they install.
I am doing the lone peak Ti Medium action

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.