Electronic calls for hogs

JimFromTN

Has anyone tried using electronic calls for hog hunting? I was flipping through channels the other day and came across a show where they were using an electronic call to bring in hogs. It seemed effective. In one instance, the hog came running in. They killed it with 12 feet of the call. My concern would be scaring off more hogs than bringing in.

It definitely works. I do think set up is most important. I have never had them travel very far. Set up much as you do for coyote hunting. Setting up around bedding areas has been the key to my success. If you have a weak heart do not try this. Your set up in cover very close to where they bed. It sounds like Patton's army when they are coming in and you cannot see them until they are close. Get your 12 loaded with buckshot and go check out your heart condition.

I've had mixed results in calling. I've only successfully called in hogs twice, which resulted in two kills. I've scared off hogs 4 times. I'm not sure why the calls scared off the hogs - the wind was in my favor, the volume wasn't too high, so not sure what happened.

Good luck!

I hunted with an outfit that called them. If they were in a woodline or the field already it worked better than try to call them from other fields. They used the icotech night stalker factory sounds mostly

I have not yet, but I've only had one outing with my caller, and it wasn't in an area that I could hunt pigs. There's a gentleman over on the predator master forums that claims he has not only called in scores of pigs, but also raised feral pigs with the purpose of learning how they communicate. I've tried to find the threads, but can't at the moment. Good reading. I honestly don't see why it wouldn't be effective, they're vocal animals just like most other game we pursue.

I have not yet, but I've only had one outing with my caller, and it wasn't in an area that I could hunt pigs. There's a gentleman over on the predator master forums that claims he has not only called in scores of pigs, but also raised feral pigs with the purpose of learning how they communicate. I've tried to find the threads, but can't at the moment. Good reading. I honestly don't see why it wouldn't be effective, they're vocal animals just like most other game we pursue.
HOLECHIT,,,,,whatgoing on in the pic your using for your handle,,,I may be drawing the WRONG conclusion,,,,soooooo I am politely asking 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔

HOLECHIT,,,,,whatgoing on in the pic your using for your handle,,,I may be drawing the WRONG conclusion,,,,soooooo I am politely asking 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔
You're likely right. I use the same username and avatar on every Internet forum I'm on to keep things recognizable. If the avatar wasn't cut off, it is supposed to say "moments before this post was made".

I've had convergent solution - Glenn Guess for 3 years. Worked 4x out of about 50ish times I've used it.

Flip side it's a great coyote caller.