.308 for Hogs

168 PSP's will work just fine. Stick it in the neck won't be going anywhere. Hammers are my fav (YES I'M BIAS)!
I wouldn't buy an AR10, .308 if you don't have.
Don't know if place going allows multi-hog shots (yes, some are weary of that). If so, DON'T zoom in. Keep zoom out to find runners.

I'm heading to SC in a few weeks for a hog hunt. Originally, I intended to use my 458SOCOM and the Barnes 300TTSX which shoots really well in my rifle. But .... after talking to the outfitter I decided I wanted a flatter shooting cartridge. I set up a .308Win bolt gun with a picatinny rail and QD rings. I've got a Pulsar Thermion scope for hunting after dark and a 4-14x Leupold with an illuminated reticle for the daytime. They seem to hold zero pretty well when switching back and forth. I can easily make hits at 400yds with the Leupold.

I settled on the Barnes 130TTSX because it shoots flat and minimizes recoil. The thermal has rather short eye relief which is what interested me in lighter bullets. A mono bullet (.308) in any weight should be enough for just about any size hog if shot placement is good. I was also experimenting with the 124gr Hammer which I was shooting at 3,200 ft/sec. It would be another good choice for my application.

If there is a hoard of hogs at a feeding station look for the dominate Sow. Shoot her first and the others sometimes look for her to make the decision to bolt. Can shoot a few more before they bust.
We use a 223 with SGK 65gr in a RRA AR. Drops them in their tracks. Most of the time their legs just fold up under them when you shoot them about 2" below the ear cannel.