Electric case prep center

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Takem406, Mar 27, 2015.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Takem406

Takem406 Well-Known Member

I really like making my brass all nice and uniform, but trying to do this for lots of 223 and 22-250 isn't fun. I like trying to making my loads as accurate as I can while making lots of them.

I'd like to go ahead and order a case prep system. I was looking at the Frankford on Midway, lots of good reviews and has a case trimmer. I have an LE Wilson case trimmer, but I wouldn't mind having something powered that's still accurate and clean. Trying to trim a couple hundred cases isn't fun.

Also see a the Lyman has good reviews.

No drill press or I'd go that route. I'd like to keep it around a max of $150.

Thanks Boys!

2. flashhole

flashhole Well-Known Member

I've been considering the FA unit myself. Nothing but good reviews and I like the design better than the competition. I don't think you could go wrong with the purchase.

I currently use a drill press and the Lee 3-jaw chuck and the Lee Case Length Gages. No complaints it just doesn't have all the features the FA system does.

3. Takem406

It would speed up 223 loading for sure! The Lyman has a deal for removing primer crimps which would be OK. But a few reviews say that the tool doesn't last. Which is OK because I can get the 35 dollar deal for my Wilson case trimmer. So the FA looks like a good choice. Especially if the case trimmer works well.

4. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

It's on sale and you got me thinking about the FA now too! :cool:

5. Takem406

I ended up going with the RCBS Case Mate. Their pocket reemer looked to be better made. Then I bought 1000 pieces of Lake City 5.56 brass off a guy via Facebook. I figured I might end up getting a WFT Little Crow for doing my 223 trimming.