Lyman case prep center

901, it speeds up brass prep immensely. Great for large quantities like .223, but useful for most brass as well.

It's been a month or two, but it seems like the last time this topic came up (case trim and prep) the consensus was the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Case Trim and Prep System with Hardened High Speed Steel Chamfer Debur Tool and Primer Pocket Scrapers with Trimmer:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS7JEB4/?tag=lrhmag19-20

This is NOT to say ANYTHING negative about the Lyman product! Just pointing out that the FA product 'beat out' the other options by virtue of its case trimming operation (in addition to everything else.)

Last edited:
Go out and buy one now. Must have especially if you do all the brass prep steps.

DE3FAFB2-8A3A-465A-A1A5-10A15E98B8AC.jpeg Love mine. You can case trim with it. You use the Lee case trimming mandrel and shell holder along with a threaded cutter adapter that fits the prep center. I included a photo of it.
I usually hate case prepping, but this has taken the chore out of it.

I ordered one last night I have 300 hundred cases to do and wasn't wanting to do them bye hand anymore I'll half to look at the case trimmer too thank you guys for the help

I ordered one last night I have 300 hundred cases to do and wasn't wanting to do them bye hand anymore I'll half to look at the case trimmer too thank you guys for the help
Brownells also carries the individual parts, such as the primer pocket cleaner or case mouth chamfer tool, so you can replace the ones you use the most when they get dull.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.