ELDx 7 mm 162gr what bc do you use ?

Trm82

This probably has been discussed in the "official thread " but I'm not going to try and find it in there. So the box says 0.630 g1 , the website says 0.631 g1 and 0.318 g7 and the load data on the site says 0.618 g1 and 0.308 g7. What one do you guys use ?

I would like to know this as well. There's a lot of different numbers for BC on these bullets.

Since it is a VLD style bullet with a long boat tail, your results using the G7 BC will give you better results/match actual drops more closely. As to whether to use .308 or .318, I would expect the website to have the most current BC. The BC on the box was put there when the bullets were packaged and it is not unusual today for the "official" bc to change from time to time. Or you could get Bryan Litz's book where he has researched the BC for many of the bullets currently in use.

No matter which BC you use, you still need to prove the result on the range. The predicted drops may be "close enough", then again they may not be.

FWIW

Since it is a VLD style bullet with a long boat tail, your results using the G7 BC will give you better results/match actual drops more closely. As to whether to use .308 or .318, I would expect the website to have the most current BC. The BC on the box was put there when the bullets were packaged and it is not unusual today for the "official" bc to change from time to time. Or you could get Bryan Litz's book where he has researched the BC for many of the bullets currently in use.

No matter which BC you use, you still need to prove the result on the range. The predicted drops may be "close enough", then again they may not be.

FWIW

I found this article from Hornady.

Ballistic Coefficient - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc
Ballistic Coefficient - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.