Ejection Problems

MOOSE39465

Does anyone have trouble with Nosler 300 Win Mag Brass not ejecting properly? My rifle want eject the brass and I am wondering if it's the brass or my ejector. I can turn the rifle up and bump the stock and the case will slide right out. No pressure signs at all, I am still running the stock ejector. Rifle is Remington 300 Win Mag built by Ray Bowman.

Last edited:
What's the rifle? How far does the extractor pull the fired case back from the chamber?
Rifle is a Remington 700 Sendero that has been trued and Brux barrel installed. Most of the time it doesn't pull the case out any. I can open and close the bolt a few times until it either catches and pulls the case out half way or I tuen the gun up and bump the bottom of the stock a case falls out.

Thanks for the Replies I spoke to a gunsmith in Jackson MS and he's going to install a M16 extractor so hopefully that will cure the problem

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.