Eberlestock vs Badlands 4500

Blacktail

Dont mean to beat a dead horse on the pack issue but if you guys had to choose between these two for a 4-5 day elk bow hunt about 5-10 miles from the truck which one would you recommend. thnx

Which Eberlestock pack? There are many different models to choose from. We're gonna need a few more details to give honest opinions.

Was thinkn bout the one similar to the original just 1 pack the one that goes from2500 or so to 4500 then add duffle if need be

I just got the JP9 from Eberlestock and i am likeing it a bunch so far. I have 3 other pretty decent packs and the Eberlestock has better materials and workmanship. I have only had 50 pounds in it and only did 3 miles but it is very comfortable. I havent ever tried a Badlands pack and im sure they are good also . I wouldent hesatate to recomend the JP9, so far far anyway.
Steve

I was holding off on this thread because I have no experience actually using the Badlands packs, but I have tried them on. I was looking for the same kinda pack that you are. It boiled down to the eberlestock J107 dragonfly or the Badlands MULE (i think, its their big one anyways). I tried them both on and the Eberlestock fit me better hands down. Im 6' 0', 225lbs athletically built. I liked its veresitility as well.
My brother-in-law has a badlands day pack and the thing is awsome. He actually used it on a 10mile hike in some of the toughest brush for a 4 nighter. I couldnt believe what he fit into, simply because it was laid out very ergonomically. But I have found all the Eberlestock packs just as good. I would say that you gotta go try em' on. if you've got the coin check out Kirafu stuff as well. Have fun man, I like looking at packs as much as rifles.

I have both the Eberlestock J104 and the Badlands 4500. While every pack has it's pros and cons, these two are at the top of the pile.I am still searching for the perfect pack , just ask my wife about the dozens of packs around my place, and I haven't found it with either of these two either.They are getting close to the mark but still each has it's own issues. I could babble on and on about this and that. For me the Eberlestock is the closest to perfection yet!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.