Eberlestock vs. Tenzing HELP!!!

hillajam

I need help!

First off let me say this, I have narrowed my search down to these 2 packs meaning I have looked at all the others that have been mentioned on this site and many others. I am only looking for help in deciding between these 2 packs. I don't want other choices because I have already looked. These 2 are in my price range and I am just asking for your help in deciding.

I am planning on hunting mule deer in Colorado this archery season and am trying to decide on which pack to purchase. I have it narrowed down between 2 packs but need help. The decision is between Eberlestock Blue Widow and Tenzing TZ6000. Here are my thoughts. Oh yeah, they are about the same price before adding all the extras.

The pros and cons are just where my head is thinking, there are a lot more pros for each but many pros match between both packs so why list them.

Eberlestock
Pros: (In my opinion)
-huge meat packing space
-can attach spike duffel on outside when hauling meat
-can detach duffel and leave it at camp and take compressed bag out to hunt
-large bow holder(butt bucket)
-ripcord system for quick bow access.

Cons:
-extra cost to buy bow holder, spike duffel, rain cover
-no access to bottom of pack other than through the top
-no sleeping bag pocket at bottom of pack

Tenzing
Pros: (in my opinion)
-rain cover included
-bow holder included
-access to main compartment from bottom, middle, and top
-sleeping bag compartment

Cons:
-meat storage looks small
-bow holder is kinda small
-can't detach part of bag and leave at camp

As you can see, there are many things that I like about both packs, I just need help picking. Also do you guys see anything on the list that you don't agree with as a pro or con?

What is more important for you when back packing in the mountains?

Any help with these 2 packs (Eberlestock Blue Widow and Tenzing TZ6000) is welcome.

Thank you,

I have the blacks creek Canadian which is similar in size and designed very similar too. Not sure of the exact story but the Black's creek owner is somehow affiliated with tenzing now. I have had an unboned elk quarter in the meat compartment so I wouldn't exactly call it small. It wasnt a huge bull, maybe a 4-5 year old.

While you can't leave a large portion of the bag at camp i love that u can snap off the top cover and Turn it into a fanny pack for those times u need to make a quick climb up a mountain and don't want to carry all of the weight of your pack. Just the essentials in the fanny pack and off you go with as little weight as possible.

Black's creek packs were top of the line imo and I am hearing really good things about tenzing

Scot E

the only reason I did not go with an Eberlestock pack is because of how much they weigh almost 8 pounds and I needed a pack for long trips with very little meat haling (I ended up getting a badlands sacrifice pack) so if you don't mind the weight Eberlestock would be a good choice but I don't see how you can go wrong with ether pack you choose.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.