Eating Coyote

That one has been hanging up ageing for around week and a half Didn't the Japanese hang there pheasants by their neck and age them till they fell off? Seem like I saw that on the show Shogun? Any way they liked the aged one instead of the fresh ones LOLo_O
Tnwhip you can take my dog and I off your suspect list.

The meat was a dark red and looked really good. It did have something I have never seen before. Running length wise head to toe were stringers. Very thin white strings running parallel that reminded me of a very, very thin dental floss. I am sure that is what made the meat so tough. There was just no way to remove them and have any meat left. Looked like a great adaptation to strengthen the spinal column.
I think the word you are looking for is trichinosis! I threw bout 50 coyote carcasses out back of dads property, and nothing eats them. A beaver wont last though the day and a possum Carcass won't last till morning, so if you believe a turkey buzzard's opinion a possum is a delicacy compared to coyote. Some Asian country's do eat dogs, but I believe they only eat 2 months or less old or they get too tough.
I wear extensive PPE when skinning coyote, rubber boots, rubber apron long sleeves, and nitrile gloves. Rabies is still 100% fatal once symptoms exhibit! Humans can also get mange same as a coyote, only its called Scabies in people.

Tric-a-what!?! Ok, Ok, you boys have got me a little worried. I do appreciate your concern. I thought one good turn deserved another. Remember that crunch in that hamburger. You might want to check out today's news.

Since our wonderful news organizations only gave short mention to the problem found in our food supply I thought I would clarify a couple of posts. First e coli was found in our lettuce then a few days latter plastic was found in our ground beef. They did give the lettuce(romaine) pretty good coverage. The plastic in our hamburger was only a foot note. Our wonderful news, fake news, cover up news. Maybe they really do not want us to know what's in our food supply?

They make great Bear bait also. I saw Andrew Zimmern on the Travel Channel try some on his Wisconsin episode I believe, and he was surprised how good it was.

Last edited:
During 1967, in country, 2 Core. I arrived in country the final 2 days of Tet. My 1st 4 months were spent at Plaku as a Trail observer. In June, I was assigned to the 173rd Brigade, 4th Batt, separated, at Touey Wa sub command, as the S-3 Air Force Staff Officer. After Tet, Westmorland met with BG Allen, Brigade Commander and assigned the 173rd complete control of 60% of the area, to include 4 Squadrons of F-100's, 3 Batt's of ROC and Vietnamese, each, and the Navy Base at Vung Ro Bay. Many times we flew by chopper (all roads were unkempt and booby trapped) to the Vietnamese base for meetings, and most always we had lunch with them. Typical lunch fare was passed around the table and I unknowingly took 2 pieces of "something" fried with a strange taste. My Army S-3 asked me if I liked it and I replied it wasn't to bad.....It was a small pup. SO, look and ask questions before eating anything unknown........

Someone said they wouldn't eat coyote because it was a scavenger. Perhaps you need to take these off your menu- Hog, Turkey, Chicken, and Catfish.

Someone said they wouldn't eat coyote because it was a scavenger. Perhaps you need to take these off your menu- Hog, Turkey, Chicken, and Catfish.
Ha, I won't eat coyote because they are much more likely to carry common parisites than hog, turkey, chicken, catfish....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.