Duds anyone???

I've caught myself doing the same thing. Nowadays, after charging, I look carefully down each case using a flashlight to ensure I filled the case up. I also installed one of those led light strips above my seater die to fully illuminate the inside of the case. I also put better lighting on my reloading bench. But I still get a bit over careful when I charge.

Same here…pretty easy to spot odd charges if your cases are near full! 😉 memtb

I have to say I am fortunate that my mistake only hurt my pride.
I have had more than 2 dozen rifles come through my shop blown up due to reloading mistakes, and then there are the one's that were blown up from improper use, either incorrect ammo, cleaning rods or squib loads that left objects in the barrel and a round was fired.
Most notable was a custom Mauser '98 that was chambered in 270 that somehow had a 308 case chambered and fired. The stock looked like match sticks, the bottom metal, Gentry made, hinged floor plate and mag box were practically round and the front ring was split to the first scope screw hole. The right side of the rail was broken and at 45° to the left rail. The shooter, a fellow member at my target club, was only injured by the scope hitting his forehead and a few scratches from the stock splintering.
Have also seen a Win Model 70 that looked very similar, but the bolt handle on that one completely let go when the front ring blew apart, the lugs held it in though.
I forgot about another incident in hot weather, about 120°F for you US folk. My 25-06 was fully locked from using RL22 in really hot weather and put it of commission for a day during a hunt. The head was so swollen that the brass was forced into the ejector slot and that had to be cut by the bolt face to get the bolt to turn. Piece of wood did the trick.

Cheers.

I once loaded a 300WM with a partial load of H4350, about 12 grains by what was left in the measure, and didn't notice it… Following weekend I found that round when I pulled the trigger during a practice match, it went click, no bang, and when I turned the bolt the rifle hissed and the rim of the case was bent. The case mouth was all melted and burnt, the 190g CC bullet was wedged in the barrel about 4" in front of the chamber, no brass rod would budge it, had to ream it out of the barrel in the end. This is the only reloading mistake I didn't catch. Have had several mistakes since, but all were caught and rectified, I also stopped pouring powder and seating bullets straight after because of this incident. I do each stage as a set, pour powder in all cases, check powder heights, if ANY look suss, they get weighed again and adjusted if need be, then all get bullets seated. Have not had a missing or partially missing charge since doing this.
Have never had a misfire, hangfires when developing loads for wildcats, yes, but no scary incidents.

Cheers.
I've had a hang fire with CCI in my win mag. Scary, delay was a couple of seconds.

Not reloads but a friend and I pooled our money when we were 13 and bought a webley 410 shotgun with a couple of boxes of 6 shot. First time I put the gun to my shoulder and pulled the trigger - click. Good solid primer hit. What's the chances of that happening, my friend was so put off he gave me his half the gun. Twasthe frst time either of us had tried to use a firearm, having graduated from air guns.
That was in 1956 or 57 and it's never happened since, thank heavens.

Never had it happen on one I rolled, but now I'm nervous. I did have it happen on factory round. Many years ago I had a bullet lodge in the barrel from an round without any powder. Luckily it was just when target shooting, and I was smart enough to check the barrel.
I have seen that a few times. Scarey too. I did it in a 1911 and not realize it. Put a second round thur it. Enlarging the barrel. It made me check my powder loads everytime before adding bullets.

Well, back many years ago I loaded up 4 boxes of trap loads to shoot skeet with that coming weekend. Will setting up the automatic reloader I forgot to turn on the powder. You guessed it! My buddies had a good time ripping me at the club! Barrowed shells and shot. Got home and dismantled 4 boxes!!
That wasn't any fun. I had a tem spike from powder, and blow out a primer. Unloaded 49 cases. What pain.

You annealed already primed brass? That's the stuff death wishes are made of.
Yep, serious component shortage paired with being young and inexperienced led to a pretty stupid call. I have more respect for the potential catastrophes these days. I also didn't realize that the brass was already primed when I annealed them.

Pistols;
Caught a couple reversed primers before using...always put reloads into 50 and 100 round boxes primers up.:(
Caught a couple of no primers because of the spilled powder in the collection bin,:(
Helped other shooter remove (more than once) bullet from his barrel due to primer only (several times). I learned to recognize the sound of only a primer detonating.:cool:
Rifles:
Once, before I understood 'bullet hard into lands' was not a good idea. I fired about three rounds and had to pound the bolt to open. Used bullet puller for rest of box. When I got home I read about 'jump' in the front of the reloading manual. 🥵
Now, measure each powder change for each round and mic OAL of each round. Slow, yes, issues, no.🤗
End of confessions.