Duds anyone???

Yes, I've had one where I didn't add powder. There have been a couple of times where I loaded up some ammo and realized that I had forgotten primers..it became clear as a kernel or two of powder would drop out through the flash hole. What a pain that is. Pull, dump, resize, etc, not to mention a bruised ego haha.

Yes, I've had one where I didn't add powder. There have been a couple of times where I loaded up some ammo and realized that I had forgotten primers..it became clear as a kernel or two of powder would drop out through the flash hole. What a pain that is. Pull, dump, resize, etc, not to mention a bruised ego haha.
Thank goodness that's all that happened. 😅

Yep, I've done it. Had two that didn't go bang that had insects inside the cases. My loading bench is in a outside the house building. Had empty cases in a box both times. One was a spider the other a stink bug. Stink bug was about two years ago. Keep all the brass to be loaded in zip lock bags now. The primer scorched them pretty good.

Yep, I've done it. Had two that didn't go bang that had insects inside the cases. My loading bench is in a outside the house building. Had empty cases in a box both times. One was a spider the other a stink bug. Stink bug was about two years ago. Keep all the brass to be loaded in zip lock bags now. The primer scorched them pretty good.
We're they cooked enough to eat? 😝🤪

Still working through a bad batch of Win LRP. Nothing wrong with the loading process, just bad primers. Regulated those to range use only. 5 or 6 dead per 100. Thankfully it's shown I don't have a flinch so there's a minor bonus. Just a few hundred left...
Are you sure it's the primers?

Had several reloads fail-to-fire several years. It was when I was just getting back to reloading after taking a break for a while. after looking at how I was performing each step of the process, I concluded I was not seating the primers all the way into the pocket. I've been more attentive to that process since then, in fact bought myself an RCBS bench-mounted priming tool to make sure I was getting the primers fully seated. No problems since then.