Doing My Aoudad Mount!

CaptnC

Resized_20180106_151147_685.jpeg

You've seen him when he looked like this. Plan is to get him mounted this weekend...

Yes...I've heard all the jokes about a guy who likes to mount his sheep! :eek::eek:

This sheep will be mounted in a little more exceptable manner!:D:D

I got the form in yesterday, the hide has been fleshed already. I hope it is thawed out enough to get it washed tonight. I no longer have my old drier (without heating element) to tumble the hide in so it will have to air dry tonight I hope.

Wife wants to see him on the wall so range day for the 6.5-284 gets pushed back to another weekend. Forcast is for rain and wind so I'm not missing much...

Will try to update as I go...:p

2018-02-03 19.37.52.jpg

Ended up going to the range while the hide was hanging out to dry some.

I will have to modifie the mannikin. I didn't leave enough cape to cover that much rib cage. I should have erased it before the hunt so I would know what they are doing now. Back in the day when I did a lot of mounts they didn't have anything like they have now!

I just got my new form today. Sadly I have to return the orginal form. I didn't realize I didn't have enough cape to cover the form.

Any way I will be doing it tomorrow!

2018-02-10 20.49.41.jpg

Well had a huge surprise when I opened my eyes...one is busted. I've had these for years and they are shrink wrapped against card stock so I couldn't tell they were broken when I ordered my form.

It reality I'm the only one who will know that used a lesser quality eye set...you can only tell the difference if you are looking for them...very disappointed I'm going to have to use a set I salvaged years ago from my first bow kill...Spanish Goat.

2018-02-11 12.39.33.jpg

Glue is on the form, got the lips, nose set, eyes are set but waiting for the skin to be set. The ears have bondo, it hard so the ears are ready for their bases and to set...then the stitching will start...will update the thread when the stitching starts!
2018-02-11 14.18.29.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.