Doing My Aoudad Mount!

Got him all brushed out...for such an ugly animal...he sure looks good!

Should have cleaned the eyes, it would have looked even better!
2018-02-15 11.02.07.jpg

View attachment 90020

You've seen him when he looked like this. Plan is to get him mounted this weekend...

Yes...I've heard all the jokes about a guy who likes to mount his sheep! :eek::eek:

This sheep will be mounted in a little more exceptable manner!:D:D

I got the form in yesterday, the hide has been fleshed already. I hope it is thawed out enough to get it washed tonight. I no longer have my old drier (without heating element) to tumble the hide in so it will have to air dry tonight I hope.

Wife wants to see him on the wall so range day for the 6.5-284 gets pushed back to another weekend. Forcast is for rain and wind so I'm not missing much...

Will try to update as I go...:p
Where did the hunt take place? The back ground looks like the place I grew up as a kid in west Texas.

Resized_20180106_151517_4605.jpeg

Devils River State Natural Area...NW of Del Rio

The Devils River is on the SW end of the area.

Thanks, I am familiar with that area. Grew up in Alpine Tx, and used to hunt the Davis Mountains as well. Ever get a chance go fishing for stripers in Lake Amistad, and rent the house boats, a lot of fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.