Aoudad down

Buffalobwana

First Aoudad hunt of the year. 325 yards with a 30 mph crosswind. 14" wind hold put it right in his heart. 20 yards and he piled up.

For the gear aficionados: He used my new 20" Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT 6.5 PRC. 142 ABLR factory ammo. Silencerco Omega can. Leupold VX-6 4-24 TMOA reticle. Even with a heavy scope and a can, that gun is light.

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpeg
    IMG_1915.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    828.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1831.jpeg
    IMG_1831.jpeg
    753.8 KB · Views: 296
It's my favorite hunt. No other animal in Texas can match a good free range Aoudad hunt.
Agreed!

I had one client from Tennessee say it was ok. Other than that, the general consensus is that you must mix it with a lot of other stuff to make it palatable.
I personally think it makes the best kielbasa of any game animal. The flavor just works. Makes good ground chili too. I'll be dang if I've figured out any way of cooking that makes cuts any better than shoe leather though. Grind it or give it to the coyotes here.

Agreed!

I personally think it makes the best kielbasa of any game animal. The flavor just works. Makes good ground chili too. I'll be dang if I've figured out any way of cooking that makes cuts any better than shoe leather though. Grind it or give it to the coyotes here.
Coyotes gotta eat too. If they are eating Aoudad, they aren't eating calves or deer.