Dog insurance ????

I remember laughing about pet insurance when I first heard about it.
If my dog still hunted I would be carrying insurance on her. As @SeboCreek mentioned it only takes one incident and you end up with a few thousand dollars in vet bills.
I will be following to hear about prices and carriers.

I wish our personal health insurance was as easy to work with as our pet insurance.

We have used our pet insurance about half a dozen times over the years. Yes, you can just put a savings away specifically for you pet... but I have a pretty special pup that I would literally take a bullet for. Several years ago she had a serious occurrance and cost me several thousand $ in vet bills.
After that I realized I would have mortgaged the house to save her... so insurance was a no-brainer.

There is no way imagineable that I would want to be put in the position to chose between saving my pup or spending a large sum of money.

It does get pretty pricey once they reach 10-12 years old, but still nothing like human health insurance.

I also should have kept it. I had it with my old company it was rolled in to my own changed jobs never kept it. Paying for it now as we are down a road none of use dog owners wanna be.

My daughter has it on her dogs. I will inquire and see what company and rates. I know she pays out of pocket and they reimberse. Shes had great luck with it.

Got a quick response from her lol. She pays $62/month for 3 dogs(2 young 1 older). Company is Pets Best, it was the best coverage for price she could find. She has a $1k deductable and then it's 90% reimbersement after that. Rehab, chiro, etc are add ons also and recommended. She's had it couple years now and no problems so far and unfortunately used it alot.

I have EMBRACE which was recommended by my vet. I have an annual deductible that is $250 IIRC. When my Golden Retriever was a few months old the insurance was about $30/month. Now that he is 10 years old, it's $130/month.

When the dog got leptospirosis and nearly died, the insurance paid most of the $6,000 bill.

There is nothing cheap about pet insurance but I wouldn't be without it. My daughter had a Bernese Mountain Dog. She let her insurance lapse because of the cost. The dog pulled a bag of raisons off the counter and ate them. She got stuck with a $7,000 bill. Sadly, the dog died anyway.