Gun Insurance

jmason

Where are you guys getting your gun insurance? The NRA seems really high. It's almost as much as home owners.

Check your homeowners policy for contents coverage, it may cover your guns.

Last edited:
Your homeowner's policy will have a limit on coverage for your rifles, unless you "schedule" them for replacement value. If you "schedule" them, you will need appraisals from a custom gunsmith for the replacement costs. Just like having your wife's diamond ring scheduled or on a personal items floater. You will find that insuring them for replacement value will be a significant yearly premium.

Probably the best place to find gun insurance is to have it as a rider on your homeowners insurance. I've got my policy right here....$143 per year for the guns.

collectibles insurance services LLC

Eddybo- Do you know these guys or find them in a search? I selected all the coverage options for 30k. It came up with a $169 annual premium! I feel like I'm robbing the insurance guy for once!

Last edited:
Never had a claim but have 100K in coverage for like 400 a year had coverage for a couple years

Eddybo- Do you know these guys or find them in a search? I selected all the coverage options for 30k. It came up with a $169 annual premium! I feel like I'm robbing the insurance guy for once!

Of course you're robbing him! he knows you've got guns!

I have an addition to my homeowners insurance to cover my guns. It covers the guns no matter where they are, or what happens to them, and it costs about $5 per month.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.