Does scent thief work?

Ranger0

Have anyone here used Scent Thief when deer hunting? According to their ads, you want deer to smell it, and when they do, their sense of smell gets paralyzed and they can't smell anything temporarily. Does it actually work tho?

I have used it for the last 3 years. I have had a doe with her fawn walk straight down wind in the afternoon downhill and downwind and not even look my way. I have had small bucks walk in down wind after storing and lick their nose and look right up at me but not really spook. They lose interest and walk away. Does down wind feeding and they will sniff the air, look around and then go back to feeding. I have no exaggeration never had a deer blow at me down wind in 3 years. Movement, yes they will pick you off, but just smell, nothing. I do use quite a bit per hunt. I'd say a bottle only lasts about 3 hunts. Then again I'm a big guy who is 6'4" so a lot of clothes to cover. But hands down the best thing I've ever used, and I've tried it all. I do "wash" my clothes pre hunt with scent crusher ozone bag, and still shower with scent free. Probably the best experience was last fall. I had to work u expectedly on a day I had planned to hunt a certain stand, knew a doe was getting hot because there was a lot of big bucks checking the bedding area and posturing near it. Clothes not washed from day before. Regular body wash and deodorant. Worse regular clothes washed in gain. Got off work at 3:15. 40 minutes to the property. Changed in the driveway, covered my camo hunting clothes in scent thief. Dark dark was at 6:00. Killed a 155" down wind with 20 minutes of shooting light left. Rattled him in from the field below me.

Recent Posts